My 14 Gallon Cubicle Cube

OOps.Nightmare paly's

1-26-11002.jpg
alt="" />

Very nice, looking really good. Those clowns should love there RBTA. Are you planning on adding anymore fish? Any inverts, shrimp? If you want to frag the Nightmares, please LMK.

sts04c;604827 wrote: Very nice, looking really good. Those clowns should love there RBTA. Are you planning on adding anymore fish? Any inverts, shrimp? If you want to frag the Nightmares, please LMK.

I looking for a tail spot blenny to add to it. I wanted some sexy shrimp but was told they may eat zoas . If I can get the Nightmares to start growing again im going to frag them.The clowns dont have a clue what the rbta is. Im about to put them in a breeder box with a rbta nem for a few weeks to teach them.

my wife had a colony of 12 sexy shrimp in her 14 bio cube and has had no problem. they did take over the frogspawn frag as a host. never bothered one zoo or platy

redpacus;604915 wrote: my wife had a colony of 12 sexy shrimp in her 14 bio cube and has had no problem. they did take over the frogspawn frag as a host. never bothered one zoo or platy

I want some but man I'd be pissed if they ate my nightmares.

coolsurf;604920 wrote: Wow...looking real good. Keep us posted with the progress of the growth. :thumbs:

Thanks.Im dosing the tank with purple up to see if I can get the coraline scrapings I added to the tank to bloom. I'll keep you guys updated. My cree leds should be in soon.The color will look much better when I add those .

there in with my vivid rainbows palythoa, nuclear greens, and blue tubs plus others and never messed with any but there is that chance of a rouge shrimp

Great looking tank! Are you still think about making a media rack for the 2nd chamber? I ask because I am still trying to decide what I want to keep in the 2nd chamber of my cube.

LiveRock27;605462 wrote: Great looking tank! Are you still think about making a media rack for the 2nd chamber? I ask because I am still trying to decide what I want to keep in the 2nd chamber of my cube.

I think im going to just buy one. Not really worth time and money to make one for me. I will do filter floss on top,Purigen and chemi-pure in the other baskets.I dont think i really need to but it cant hurt .

Here you go Drew.

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/BioCube-14_c15.htm">http://shop.mediabaskets.com/BioCube-14_c15.htm</a>

Most people don't run rubble in the 2nd chamber any more.
rubble tends to do the same as bioballs.

MarkL;605761 wrote: Here you go Drew.

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/BioCube-14_c15.htm">http://shop.mediabaskets.com/BioCube-14_c15.htm</a>

Most people don't run rubble in the 2nd chamber any more.
rubble tends to do the same as bioballs.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Mark. Never saw this site.

Ive been dosing with purple up a little over a week now.I came in to the Office today and found coralline algae growing on multiple places on the glass. I cant say for sure the purple up caused it, but I'm going to keep dosing.:up:

MarkL;606791 wrote: Ive been dosing with purple up a little over a week now.I came in to the Office today and found coralline algae growing on multiple places on the glass. I cant say for sure the purple up caused it, but I'm going to keep dosing.:up:

ajcvol2604;606796 wrote: I started my 14g biocube about a month ago and have been using the purple up as well. I haven't been very regular with dosing (2-4 times a week) but I am noticing coralline growth daily. I'm with you, I'm not going to say the purple up is the reason but I will contiune to dose as well

Looks like i am going to have to pick some up on the way home today.

My tank started from live rock I soaked in bleach. Im adding 1.5 ml to the 3rd chamber every day,

Here is the leds im building for my tank.Im building mine with 4x 3watt cree's on each side of the sunpod

index.php

Still dosing purple up and up the water changes to 2 gallons twice a week.The rocks are really starting to color up nice. My leds came in just haven't messed with them.Im going to start posting a pic every Friday and Saturday to show the tank mature..I also took the rbta out it was getting 2 big. I did add a birdsnest and a clali tort.I'll post pics Monday.

MarkL;612692 wrote: Still dosing purple up and up the water changes to 2 gallons twice a week.The rocks are really starting to color up nice. My leds came in just haven't messed with them.Im going to start posting a pic every Friday and Saturday to show the tank mature..I also took the rbta out it was getting 2 big. I did add a birdsnest and a clali tort.I'll post pics Monday.

I used to use purple up, then I tried the Brightwell aquatics reef complete and never looked back. Give it a shot and I'm sure your find good results. Great progress on the tank by the way.

Back