Market
Reaction score
ehusahub.jpg
alt="" />

2yte7y5e.jpg
alt="" />

nusyqe6e.jpg
alt="" />

Stand extension is for a 15 gal ato that will be plumbed to the rodi with a float valve.

Will be running a dual sump setup as well. Just waiting on bulkheads from brs. Going to be selling my 72 bowfront and 65 gal. Both are RR.

4y7u8u2e.jpg
alt="" />

2a2y7uty.jpg
alt="" />

Go ahead and put the tank on the stand and see if it rocks or wobbles at all (the tank, not the stand). I'm building my stand out of 2x4 and ply too, and so far the only real issue (besides being very new to this kind of stuff) is that the top
Is not totally plane, and the bottom of the tank doesn't sit flush with the top
Of the stand. I had to pull the top back off today gonna try to plane it out tomorrow. What kind I ply did you use? Looks like pine. I got the cabinet grade pine 3/4 inch just wondering if you went with the same

Yes sir. Same wood and we were checking for wobbles the whole time. Flipping that thing over and sanding it. Flipped it twice before it checked out. Bout to stain it and add trim/doors . Send me some pics if your work kind sir

My thread is right below yours in DIY I have no idea what I'm doing lol. I think mine was off a little more than sanding could fix, I started sanding, but after two sheets decided to go with the planer on the top of the frame underneath the ply that the tank sits on.

Just wanted to make sure you were aware how plane the actual frame has to be before you start finishing. I had already filled over the screws in the top had to dig them out. Apparently it's a pretty common issue

I'm going to plane mine out, slap some trim on it paint it white and call it a day. I doubt I could pull off a decent stain

Nice! You did yours fast.

I like the profile of your moulding. Is it chair rail?

JDavid;894470 wrote: Nice! You did yours fast.

I like the profile of your moulding. Is it chair rail?

No clue. Gf picked it out at lowes.

8umuqe2e.jpg
alt="" />

I put some trim on the base as well. Not sure if I'm more excited about the new house or the new tank!!

2yqy6y8a.jpg
alt="" />

Looking great!

I got frustrated with my build today so I decided to relieve stress with a trip to the LFS. Lol. I'm not cut out for this

Without seeing your thread about the sumps (until
Today) I had built a little 2x4 stand for my dual sumps
In a very similar fashion.

Back