My Apex ATK Alarm is driving me insane!

Jwhite0007

Market
Reaction score
Is there a way to disable the Apex alarm for the the ATK? Every time the sensor low is open it obviously turns on the ATK but then sends me an alarm. I really don’t need to know it’s doing it’s job. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 0605EBF6-107C-4882-A8D6-B80668B5CB6C.png
    0605EBF6-107C-4882-A8D6-B80668B5CB6C.png
    218 KB · Views: 12
The best person I know for this kind of thing is @Adam

Let's see if we can get his attention. He pretty much runs my whole Apex remotely.

Can you share the alarm you are seeing? Is the slider for the ATK changing from Auto to Off?

The When line you have will switch it from Auto to Off and place it in an error state if it runs for more than 5 minutes.

Depending on your email alarm configuration (also useful to share), an error on the ATK may set the email alarm to on.

Make your Defer time a bit longer, it's currently only 10 seconds, put it to maybe 001:00 and see if that gives the ATK time enough to top-off enough to cover the sensor again

It's been a rough day on multiple fronts.

The one of the few pieces of Apex gear I don't have any experience with is the ATK. When it 1st came out it had tons of issues and it turned me off on the product. Neptune seems to have fixed everything, but the Osmolator just works.

In this case with a simple alarm issue and it's an easy fix. Remove the line for that sensor in the Emailalm output and the problem will be fixed.

Can you share the alarm you are seeing? Is the slider for the ATK changing from Auto to Off?

The When line you have will switch it from Auto to Off and place it in an error state if it runs for more than 5 minutes.

Depending on your email alarm configuration (also useful to share), an error on the ATK may set the email alarm to on.
I turned off the notifications on the app for the rest of the day because I got so frustrated with my 2 apexes constantly going off, but I’ll share it tomorrow for sure!

It's been a rough day on multiple fronts.

The one of the few pieces of Apex gear I don't have any experience with is the ATK. When it 1st came out it had tons of issues and it turned me off on the product. Neptune seems to have fixed everything, but the Osmolator just works.

In this case with a simple alarm issue and it's an easy fix. Remove the line for that sensor in the Emailalm output and the problem will be fixed.
Thanks! I’ll give it a shot

Sorry, still figuring out how to navigate around the apex. This is the email alarms I have for now. I’m guessing if I delete those then it should turn off the alarms, right?

I still want to know when my reservoir has run dry or the ATK is throwing some sort of an error. Should I just delete the 3rd line?

Attachments

• C8BE6FDB-277D-47C7-9AA0-A98EF5227918.png
    C8BE6FDB-277D-47C7-9AA0-A98EF5227918.png
    181.5 KB · Views: 10
Make your Defer time a bit longer, it's currently only 10 seconds, put it to maybe 001:00 and see if that gives the ATK time enough to top-off enough to cover the sensor again
Ignore this post, I was thinking that was your alarm programming but it's the actual ATK program, my bad.

Sorry, still figuring out how to navigate around the apex. This is the email alarms I have for now. I’m guessing if I delete those then it should turn off the alarms, right?

I still want to know when my reservoir has run dry or the ATK is throwing some sort of an error. Should I just delete the 3rd line?
Looks like it. Right now every time that high sensor closes it turns on your email alarm because of line #3.

Ignore this post, I was thinking that was your alarm programming but it's the actual ATK program, my bad.
No worries. I just saw your post and hadn’t made any updates yet. Just found the email alarms and now I’m just trying to figure out which line(s) to delete. I still don’t see an email alert for sensor 1 on the flow module (the ATK) being open though…

I see an alarm for the high sensor being closed, but I don’t usually have an issue with this alarm going off constantly. It’s just the low sensor going off multiple times through out the day that’s driving me insane (2 apexes so it’s double the fun 😖)

If you still have problems tomorrow PM me and I'll have you give me access to one of the Apex's. Then I can walk you through it and any other questions you may have.

Firstly, if you are using the ATK as an auto top off then make sure you don't have the sensors flip flopped. I currently have 2 ATKs one for an ATO and leak detector, the second for my salt bin. For my high level sensor in the salt bin I have it programmed to do what it needs to do, with no alarms. I only have an alarm set for my low level salt bin sensor, and it is also set to turn off my AWC pumps when Open(exposed to air). The ATK related code I have in my Email alarms plus some explanation in ( ) :

Set OFF (this should be the first line of your email alarms)
If Error ATO Then ON (standard with tasks setup, lets you know if your ATO had a problem)
If LK1 CLOSED Then ON (leak detector)
If LK2 CLOSED Then ON (leak detector)
If Slt6_1 OPEN Then ON (my low level sensor in my saltwater bin)
If OvrFil CLOSED Then ON (my high level sensor for the ATO)

If the problem is water level bouncing up and down causing the switch to open and close continuously, you can smooth it out by using a Defer or Min Time command in the programming of whatever you are using the switch for.
Taken from Neptune forum: Defer 1:00 Then On (translates to, defer the ON state for 1 minute) Min Time 5:00 Then OFF (translates to, minimum time of 5 minutes in the off state)
An example of how they smooth out a switch, this is the programing for my ATO, with some explanation in ( ) :

Fallback OFF
Set OFF (this means that if the ATO is not requesting an ON state, it will be constantly requesting an OFF state, this is important for your Defer statements, and also what makes the ATO turn off when the float is closed)
If ATO_sw OPEN Then ON (my ATO low level switch, this specific command will make the ATO pump turn on immediately if the float is above water)
If OvrFil CLOSED Then OFF (my ATO high level float, if it is under water it will turn off the ATO pump)
If LK1 CLOSED Then OFF (if my leak detectors are wet it will turn my ATO off)
If LK2 CLOSED Then OFF
When On > 005:00 Then OFF (will force OFF the ATO pump if it has been in the ON state for 5 minutes, this is a safety line but if you have a giant or tiny sump you may need or want to adjust this)
Defer 000:10 Then ON (this line makes it so that if the ATO requests an ON state, it wont activate unless it has been requesting that state for a minimum of 10 seconds)
Defer 000:04 Then OFF (this like makes it so if the ATO is requesting an OFF state that it wont activate the OFF state unless it has been requested for at least 4 seconds)
Min Time 060:00 Then OFF (this makes it so that the ATO cannot turn ON for at least 1 hour after it's last ON state)

Hope this helps.

Firstly, if you are using the ATK as an auto top off then make sure you don't have the sensors flip flopped. I currently have 2 ATKs one for an ATO and leak detector, the second for my salt bin. For my high level sensor in the salt bin I have it programmed to do what it needs to do, with no alarms. I only have an alarm set for my low level salt bin sensor, and it is also set to turn off my AWC pumps when Open(exposed to air). The ATK related code I have in my Email alarms plus some explanation in ( ) :

Set OFF (this should be the first line of your email alarms)
If Error ATO Then ON (standard with tasks setup, lets you know if your ATO had a problem)
If LK1 CLOSED Then ON (leak detector)
If LK2 CLOSED Then ON (leak detector)
If Slt6_1 OPEN Then ON (my low level sensor in my saltwater bin)
If OvrFil CLOSED Then ON (my high level sensor for the ATO)

If the problem is water level bouncing up and down causing the switch to open and close continuously, you can smooth it out by using a Defer or Min Time command in the programming of whatever you are using the switch for.
Taken from Neptune forum: Defer 1:00 Then On (translates to, defer the ON state for 1 minute) Min Time 5:00 Then OFF (translates to, minimum time of 5 minutes in the off state)
An example of how they smooth out a switch, this is the programing for my ATO, with some explanation in ( ) :

Fallback OFF
Set OFF (this means that if the ATO is not requesting an ON state, it will be constantly requesting an OFF state, this is important for your Defer statements, and also what makes the ATO turn off when the float is closed)
If ATO_sw OPEN Then ON (my ATO low level switch, this specific command will make the ATO pump turn on immediately if the float is above water)
If OvrFil CLOSED Then OFF (my ATO high level float, if it is under water it will turn off the ATO pump)
If LK1 CLOSED Then OFF (if my leak detectors are wet it will turn my ATO off)
If LK2 CLOSED Then OFF
When On > 005:00 Then OFF (will force OFF the ATO pump if it has been in the ON state for 5 minutes, this is a safety line but if you have a giant or tiny sump you may need or want to adjust this)
Defer 000:10 Then ON (this line makes it so that if the ATO requests an ON state, it wont activate unless it has been requesting that state for a minimum of 10 seconds)
Defer 000:04 Then OFF (this like makes it so if the ATO is requesting an OFF state that it wont activate the OFF state unless it has been requested for at least 4 seconds)
Min Time 060:00 Then OFF (this makes it so that the ATO cannot turn ON for at least 1 hour after it's last ON state)

Hope this helps.
This helps soooo much! Thank you!!!!!!!

"When On > 005:00 Then OFF (will force OFF the ATO pump if it has been in the ON state for 5 minutes, this is a safety line but if you have a giant or tiny sump you may need or want to adjust this)"

Do you know how to throw an error based on this?

Back