My DIY Fan bracket

weaglereefer

Market
Reaction score
Constructed this bracket to hold some computer case fans over the rear of the tank. It's made of 1/2" pvc and the fans are held on with zip ties. Total cost for all materials including fans and power inverter was less than $30.

DSC09164.jpg
alt="" />

DSC09166.jpg
alt="" />

DSC09167.jpg
alt="" />

DSC09168.jpg
alt="" />

DSC09181.jpg
alt="" />

DSC09175.jpg
alt="" />

DSC09177.jpg
alt="" />

Well it had 4 on my 75 because the HOB overflow was in the way, with the 90RR I'm able to go all the way across the back.

Before I had the Reefkeeper, I accidentally dropped my temps to 76.5 in the 75G when I forgot to unplug the fans at night. Temps over the past week have had the tank sitting just above 80, but since yesterday the tank has been back to 78.5

I have three small fans in my canopy... they struggle to keep the temperature below 81 with the two 250w MHs and the two VHO acintics. I am able to average about 79 by letting the AC Jr. turn the lights off and on.

Where did you find the fans?

I think they were on NewEgg. They started at like $3 a piece, but went to $1.29 when you got 10 or more and had free shipping on orders over $10. So I got 10 for $12.90 w/ free s/h, lol. I think they're like 35cfm each and very quiet even when they're all on.

Back