My Dream: 160 Oceanic Cube Build!

Mark some of those zoas look nuts in my tank! Thanks for getting those corals from Rit for me. Let me know what you think of the reds when they open up!

They should be open when I get home tonight, can't wait to see what they look like! Thanks again!

Update: I added about 50 more pounds of LR and re-aquascaped the 160. I ended up making the back corners higher and giving me more places to put corals. It turned out quite nice. Here are a few pictures, I'll take some more when the halide is on! Thanks for looking!
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
115316=7033-IMG_8444.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
115316=7033-IMG_8444.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_8444.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
115316=7034-IMG_8447.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
115316=7034-IMG_8447.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_8447.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

What a sweet tank, Mark! Congratulations man! I'm so jealous.....

- Brad

Mark, your tank looks even better with the extra rock. Like I said... you can't beat the beauty of a cube!!!

Update:

Lights: Added a Lumen Bright Large Reflector and mounted the VHOs on each side of the reflector. Current project is to change out my bulb to give more of a white light, using a 10K but hopefully a 12-14K will even out the color to make it more asthetically pleasing. Also looking to add 1-2 Daylight VHOs 75W for the transition light, morning to evening.

Calcium Reactor: Added a MRC second chamber with ARM media to my MRC 1. The additional calcium and stability of my effluent will definitely benefit my system.

MRC Nielson Kalk Reactor: Added a MRC Nielson Kalk Reactor with magnetic stir bar. Still deciding on if I will route my auto top-off through the reactor or use it stand alone controlled by my Octopus 3000.

This was the last picture I took before I took it down last year. Quite nice if I say so myself, minus the algea growth and crappy iPhone picture quality.:D
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
467550=22313-photo5[1].jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
467550=22313-photo5[1].jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="photo5[1].jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

blu_devl_06;467557 wrote: Very nice.....now, lets get the rebuild started....

I wish I could but I won't be in the area long enough to get it back up and running. Might store it till I retire, or sell it. Haven't decided.:sad:

Mark, your tank was one of the greats! I hope you rebuild it one day. But I understand the apprehention of setting it up.

If you still want to do a cube temporally maybe look in to the marineland cubes. They have sized from 25, 45, 60, 70, and a 93. And they have a really cool overflow design.

Just an idea. I hope you make a come back.

Mockery;467583 wrote: Mark, your tank was one of the greats! I hope you rebuild it one day. But I understand the apprehention of setting it up.

If you still want to do a cube temporally maybe look in to the marineland cubes. They have sized from 25, 45, 60, 70, and a 93. And they have a really cool overflow design.

Just an idea. I hope you make a come back.

Thanks..if I set anything up it will be the Finnex and the Pico. Just haven't had the time.

flyingarmy;467559 wrote: I wish I could but I won't be in the area long enough to get it back up and running. Might store it till I retire, or sell it. Haven't decided.:sad:

Oh no, lets not start that talk now....you just got back! :yuk:

flyingarmy;467585 wrote: Thanks..if I set anything up it will be the Finnex and the Pico. Just haven't had the time.

I forgot about your Finnex. And your awesome Solaris LED light! That thing is awesome!

Back