My Harlequin breeding experience and log

dawgface

Market
Reaction score
<span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">Today I picked up a beautiful mated pair of Harley's from Nemo's off of Stone Mountain. Currently the female is sporting a very nice healthy looking egg mass under her abdomen. Obviously buying them today the likelihood of anything resulting with this clutch is slim to none. However I'm going to use this go around as a timer on lay to hatch as well as size, collection and behavior. Currently both Harley's are in a small net breeder, I'm hoping this will contain the eggs sufficiently enough were collection is not a major issues... will see. Over the next week I plan on devouring every article I can find on the breeding of these guys. Hopefully by the end of Christmas break I am a self proclaimed expert of the subject.</span></span>
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
714513=34038-2-harlequin-shrimp.jpg
>
714513=34038-2-harlequin-shrimp.jpg
class="gc-images" title="2-harlequin-shrimp.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

SHould of told me you came out here bro we coulda got lunch!

But awesome work on this! What time did you come? I was there at 2 Ish and i saw a pair of these

Way cool idea :) any idea as to what the larvae eat? is it the typical phyto and rotifers?

peachyreef;714515 wrote: Way cool idea :) any idea as to what the larvae eat? is it the typical phyto and rotifers?

Pods! The deciding factor on moving forward really! Little to no waste and something I've been wanting to culture anyways.

PFCDeitz;714514 wrote: SHould of told me you came out here bro we coulda got lunch!

But awesome work on this! What time did you come? I was there at 2 Ish and i saw a pair of these

I was there around 6 I believe, just passing through really.

Then i saw your Pair! I was tempted to buy them myself! Nice looking pair

DawgFace;714517 wrote: Pods! The deciding factor on moving forward really! Little to no waste and something I've been wanting to culture anyways.

Interesting. I would've guessed they have a much more specialized diet considering the adults diet. What species of copepod?

jmaneyapanda;714588 wrote: Interesting. I would've guessed they have a much more specialized diet considering the adults diet. What species of copepod?

Cyclopoid seem to be the collective use, however since Harlequin's do not swallow thier food but rather chew, I don't think size really matters.

Hmmm, im not to familiar. How are you going to get a culture started and running? Im very intrigued by this and applaud you.

PFCDeitz;714522 wrote: Then i saw your Pair! I was tempted to buy them myself! Nice looking pair
:whut: lol...I thought thids wait a family place?

Edit: ^^^this was...stupid edit typing..

Back