My new 140 gallon

derek_s

Market
Reaction score
So, finally it is complete enough to show you guys. Here are the stats thus far:

140 Gal Oceanic on Oceanic stand, custom canopy
40 Gal sump
40 lbs reef sand
240 lbs LR
ASM G2 Skimmer with mesh, gate, recirc mods
8 T5s on Icecap 660s and IC reflectors
10-15 gal fuge w/ chaeto

SANY7667.jpg
>
th_SANY7667.jpg
alt="" /></a>
SANY7665.jpg
>
th_SANY7665.jpg
alt="" /></a>
SANY7671.jpg
>
th_SANY7671.jpg
alt="" /></a>
SANY7670.jpg
>
th_SANY7670.jpg
alt="" /></a>
tankfin.jpg
>
th_tankfin.jpg
alt="" /></a>

the hell is that coral in the third pic? I see blasto, zoo's, acan and bubble but whats the other thing?

That looks great! I love the look of the lights. Which lamps are you using?

That is the DUncan from Hades. I feed it insanely, and it is easily my fastest growing coral. Started as 1 head maybe 2 months ago. Now has 2 big ones, 2 little ones, and looks like 2 more coming.

Lhis is the current lamp config:
Front
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Aquablue
UVL Aquasun
ATI Blue Plus
UVL 75/25
UVL Aquasun
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Aquablue

Derek, that looks sweet! Really nice and clean. good work!

Chemically_Balanced;197969 wrote: Very Clean. Looks great. You weren't kidding about that skimmer.

Yeah, it is working well, and it is fed off the drain. It was actually overflowing a little in that pic. I'm still playing with it some, but it seems to skim great. Thanks for it, BTW. Great deal.

Oh, and note the 54 lb CO2 tank in the back. It holds 20 lbs of CO2 (courtest of my dad's paintball store). Shouldnt need CO2 for like 4 years..hehehe...

How's the new probe holder working out for you in the Ca reactor? Oh, and I wouldn't run that reactor below 6.7. Any lower and your media will start turning into mud. If you have really high calcium demands, you can take it down to 6.5, 6.6. I wouldn't run 6.3.

Danny, it's flawless. I relly just got this thing hooked up this morning, but I love the sleek look and it is performing well. I guess I forgot to include that in my equipment list. It is a CR2 dual with spraybar and probeholder.

Hey, just hit 1k posts. Woot.

Thanks. It is super hearty too. Seems too do well in any light condition, but has much better color for me in lower light, especially under t5's.

Thanks guys. Feels nice finally having room for the dollar shop assortment of frags.

Back