My new 300 gall build

i painted the base and top of the stand that i had previously cut with a white gloss paint and threw them on..
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
211202=12686-0729081001b.jpg
>
211202=12686-0729081001b.jpg
class="gc-images" title="0729081001b.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

time to move the tank onto the stand...... who says 1 person cant move a 300 gall tank... i had to move this myself...this pic is after 20 mins of struggling to lift one end up.. after resting, a tylenol and corona i managed to get the other end up.
211213=12687-0729081038.jpg
>
211213=12687-0729081038.jpg
class="gc-images" title="0729081038.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Looking really good Jamie! Hope you didn't hurt yourself moving that thing, I know they weigh quite a bit from moving them around the store.

yeap...its working me out.. So after staining more carpets then i care to remember i decided i needed a floor to the bottom of the stand that would be able to hold water if there was a leak or weekly spilage when i cleaned the sump. So i made a trim around the bottom with 6 inch high baseboard got some pond liner from home depot and lined it..Now i dont have to worry about droppping water onto the stand floor. It can even hold a small flood until im able to catch it..
fieldset>

****! You have me thinking for sure after my weekend. That pond liner is a hell of an idea!!! Thanks Jamie

now that was in place i finished up the return piping , put the sump in place and hooked up the return pumps.. look how well long sump works...note all the buibbles on the far left, and none on the right, where the return pumps are.
fieldset>

lol.... yeah its already save me twice, from a loose fitting on my skimmer.. it'll hold 67 gallons without anything in it..so plenty of space to catch a leak and not it cause havoc on the carpet..

last set of pics for today,,,,got my first day of work tomm, after 2 months off.. I finished up the control center and hooked it up. The side door to the stand will open up to reveal this....
fieldset>

Wow, the pondliner is a sweet idea. I think I have some extra in my shed. I might have to infringe on your patent.

Really though your build is coming along great. Lots of innovative stuff.

Hi Jamie,

Do you think you could raise the sump six inches or so. Put it on legs. That way you really do have 67Gallons of spillage capacity. Great idea by the way.

Keep the pictures coming. I'm living vicariously through you...... ;-)

hey thiago..

been tied up with life..things moving slowly,,will post as soon as i get a minute.. I cant use any power tools at my place, it makes my little one cry..lol.. and then i cant use them when shes sleeping cause she'll wake up.. :doh:

i had a local welder make it for me.. I paid for the steal ( around $600) and then for his labor.. The powder coating cost me $250.. When you add it up though it still worked out to less then the original cabinet the tank came with (minus the wood trim finish).

Back