My new Blue spot jawfish!

insane_reef_keeper

Market
Reaction score
I am so excted about this little guy! He's acclimating now, I can't wait to get him into the DT! I got one heck of a deal on this fish being they are like $140 bucks on line!

IMG_20110525_180647.jpg
alt="" />

Congrats! Beautiful fish!!! I wanted one but was unwilling to adjust temp for one. I ended up with a pearly...almost as purdy.

I must want you, those are very difficult to keep as majority don't survive in captivity. Make sure you got screens on the top an monitor the temp very closely as they don't do well with swings. Good luck tho and I wish you the best of luck

Good luck. They are one of my favorite fish, but I have not had luck keeping them long term.

Yup gorgeous fish with great personality... But hates higher temps and swings. Lost mine last summer when my ac went.

Im with everyone on this as well, absolutely stunning fish and id love to keep one again as i didnt have much sucess the first go around. I guess i just want to know who in this club or hobby has honestly kept one long term? I am yet to really hear of anyone and at 100 plus a pop, i just cant bring myself to try it again as disappointing as that is...

I wanted one but the only successful stories I've found of them were in tanks that were kept in the lower-mid 70's for temp. That really limits the livestock you can keep.

This fish is awesome! I can feed him/her out of my hand, it is not afraid of my hand what so ever, if I can get my wife to take a pic I will show you.

I have been looking at these, just weary due to the difficulty. Keep us updated.

IMG_20110529_213902.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_20110529_213930.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_20110529_213940.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_20110529_054036.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_20110529_054045.jpg
alt="" />

I took the best pics I could, it was really hard to catch him taking the food from my fingers. These are the best I could get.

Don't get too attached to the fish.

I got one two months ago and it did great for a few weeks only to dissapear and never be seen again (didnt jump).

Not to be a party pooper but that is one fish best left in the ocean.

Back