My new Blue spot jawfish!

Awesome pictures and a great looking fish! I like the last 2 with the blenny poking its head out :thumbs:

http://s301.photobucket.com/albums/nn74/fishguy24/?action=view&current=VID_20110601_224247.mp4">VID_20110601_224247.mp4 video by fishguy24 - Photobucket</a>

I got some thing better than a pic of him/her eating out of my hand!

Edit: I may have lost my job but I'm going to still enjoy my tanks as long as I have it.

I may have mentioned it, but in my 90 I had made a PVC home for mine that rested against the glass on the side and under the sand. I cut it in half so that you could see him in it... was soooooooo cool.

I'll probably go against my own advice and try this one again...

Today makes day 21 with the jawfish. The little dude is still going strong and settled in very well.

His/her diet consist of mysis,krill,squid,and diced shrimp all of which are soaked over night prior to feeding in Kent Zoe.

insane_reef_keeper;655698 wrote: Today makes day 21 with the jawfish. The little dude is still going strong and settled in very well.

His/her diet consist of mysis,krill,squid,and diced shrimp all of which are soaked over night prior to feeding in Kent Zoe.
:thumbs::thumbs:

Congrats on the progress, i ran into issues close to about 2 months or so, just as a point of ref...

gmpolan;655788 wrote: Congrats on the progress, i ran into issues close to about 2 months or so, just as a point of ref...

I'm keeping a close watch on it. Temp of the tank is constant 79,and from what I've researched they are a pretty hardy fish once established and are fed well with a meaty diet. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Just to add to all of this. I kept that fish for 6 solid months. It was perfectly healthy the entire time until it dexide to jump tank. Was a great little fish, I think I'm going to get another one.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I don't like to lose any fish I keep. Just this one in particular was a heart breaker

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I was watching a few of them at a shop the other day and if my fish weren't all buttholes and ate everything I would definitely put one into my tank. I have seen several people use eggcrate to help keep them in but I love the look of the window screening that people build from the home improvement stores.

I love mine they have quite the personality almost have him eating out of my hand

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Back