My radiant curse...

FutureInterest

Market
Reaction score
Well I'm fairly certain my 3rd radiant wrasse isn't going to make it. We'll see...
Today I glued some frags onto some plugs. The inquisitive lil wrasse came over and took a bite of the still curing super glue effectively sealing his mouth shut. It is open just enough to get some water through to his gills, but otherwise its pretty clogged. I am going to tear my rockwork and corals apart now in an attempt to net him...

Wish me luck!

That sucks Jin...hope you can catch him and open up his mouth. Good luck!

Good luck with it Jin! Same here, if you need some help give me a call.

Sorry to hear about the fish. Hope things go well with taking the tank apart and getting to the fish.

OMG...what a story. It reminds me of the time one of the providers I worked with in the ER was using skin adhesive to repair a lacertion on a kids forehead. When and the kid moved his head, the adhesive effectiverly sealed his eye closed until they could give him general anesthesia to unbind it. My friend says it was by far the worst day in his entire career!

Well a few hours later and a very upset tank... I finally caught him.

I held him down and used some tweezers to remove as much of the glue as possible. I think I almost removed his tongue... :) Anyways, I threw him back in and he's alive and he just ate. I'm fairly sure there's more glue in there but since he was able to swallow I think he'll be ok.

Thanks for all your offers of help guys. I really do appreciate it!

FutureInterest;150671 wrote:

Thanks for all your offers of help guys. I really do appreciate it!

I just wanted to see turmoil in somone elses tank other than my owns...LOL

j/k bro...anything I have is yours..

thank god dude that is one expensive and beautiful fish i know your wife payed well above retail for it hope he pulls threw

I've heard of this happening before and the glue will just wear off in a couple days and the fish is fine. Glad to hear you caught him and helped him out though.. phew..

Yeah most fish survive this ordeal...but in any event, very glad you were able to help him out :)

Same thing happened to my yellow tang. I feed out of my hand, as I was placing a frag back in my tank, my yellow tang darted up and took a bite out of the glue. I was real worried but it came off on its own overnight. Good luck with your wrasse.

Curator;150666 wrote: OMG...what a story. It reminds me of the time one of the providers I worked with in the ER was using skin adhesive to repair a lacertion on a kids forehead. When and the kid moved his head, the adhesive effectiverly sealed his eye closed until they could give him general anesthesia to unbind it. My friend says it was by far the worst day in his entire career!

I work in a shop and one of the guys super glued the screw cap on another guys coke.He thought someone just tightened it really tight so He used some channel locks to get the cap off then wrapped his lips around to take a swig and his lips glued to the bottle neck.It was funny as sh*t!!!He pulled his lips off of the bottle and took some of the skin off!!!!It was classic.My regards to the wrasse though!!!!

OMG ok ok.

While this is certainly a bad situation it's not as bad as I thought.

You glued your wrasse together but when Linda was telling me the story I thought she said you glued your *** together so you see it could have been far worse.

Back