NEED HELP!!! Please... POLY TOXIN - please help???

camellia

Supporting
Reaction score
Everything in my reef is dying it's too late I can't get to a store for salt I need about 30 gallons worth of salt and someone to help me move my 40 gallon from my patio to the kitchen about 10 feet.
I live near Brookstone and Mars Hill, Dallas Hwy, in West Cobb.

Please can someone help me please???
I'll pay whatever, just need help asap!

Someone close by please go help deb. She's a awesome lady and helped so many on this forum if I didn't have the baby I would drive the 2 hours. She just has surgery and needs the help fast. I will pay for the salt via PayPal if someone can donate their time.

Hi Deb, just saw this message. I am just down Mars Hill from you. Let me know if you still need some help today!

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Just checking the boards for the first time since last week. Did someone help already?

If I lived close I'd be there but I'm on the other side of town and at work. I hope you got some help locally.

Hey guys sorry it was a long night and day but yes Christina and Jay both came with salt and water. Both incredibly awesome people, thanks so much you two!

We worked late but things were looking better before they left last night. Corals where literally spitting out toxins/guts! Before they left some corals were beginning to open up and nothing was visibly attacking...

I've lost a lot and it's been painful (in more ways than one) but we saved a of livestock.

Thanks again Christina (MimisFish) and Jay (Crrec) without them, I can't imagine the death!!
Thanks SO much!!!

Princess is in hospital tank receiving treatment and hanging on by thread, bless her heart
B11E2316-8956-4E60-8116-0A94BC2C4A25_zpssz9dsrjy.jpg
alt="" />

You are very welcome!! Hoping the tang gets better and hopefully the rest recovers nicely! So sorry all this happened. It just sucks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I would like to donate some frags to ya if you're interested? Got some mummie eye and a couple other frags that might help you grow back what you've lost. Just let me know when your system is ready.

Great to see people help in a situation like this. Hope you did not lose too much and the that the tang makes it.

Sorry about your loss. I was just going to try to trim my Paly's in my display tank but now I'm scared

Reefcharger;1087925 wrote: Sorry about your loss. I was just going to try to trim my Paly's in my display tank but now I'm scared
I would definitely take them out to cut them back or only cut a few at a time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

WOW Anthony, Marybeth you honestly warmed my heart! Thank you SO very much!!!
Mark, you too! I want a big hug, a squeeze till it hurts type hug is really needed!

Truth is, my business has been suffering horribly with the lack of my ability to work. Feeling no other option, I was ready to get out (temporary) or downsize. But never thought how difficult the decision of what corals/fish to keep/rid was going to be. That's really hard!
I got a 40 Nuvo awhile back and could only keep a few LPS because the tanks MAIN focus and totally unique (to me) was going to be filled mostly with Fathead Dendros and Sun Corals (two colonies & hundreds of nice sized babies from years of their spawns.
Thankfully enough will survived to fill the 40. However, I REALLY appreciate your kind heart and generosity.
XO

The heartbreaker, all Sun Corals and Dendros are dead.

Reefcharger;1087925 wrote: Sorry about your loss. I was just going to try to trim my Paly's in my display tank but now I'm scared

Please DON'T do it!
If' they are really Pollys not Zoas, leave them be or take it out and wear ALL recommended protection!
Feel free to PM me your number if you want to talk more.

To be honest I had pruned this Paly many times in the past in the tank but not to this extreme.
I can't tell you why this happened exactly, but I do believe that the LPS & Dendro & Sun Coral took the big hit because their tentacles were fully out when the toxins were released.

My few SPS are browned out but only one died, their tentacles were not out yet.

Thanks for the advice. Taking out my rock would not be an option as my tank is like a Jenga puzzle. I was going to try to peel half of the existing colonies off my rock as I want to put in new Palys

Camellia;1087953 wrote: Please DON'T do it!
If' they are really Pollys not Zoas, leave them be or take it out and wear ALL recommended protection!
Feel free to PM me your number if you want to talk more.

To be honest I had pruned this Paly many times in the past in the tank but not to this extreme.
I can't tell you why this happened exactly, but I do believe that the LPS & Dendro & Sun Coral took the big hit because their tentacles were fully out when the toxins were released.

My few SPS are browned out but only one died, their tentacles were not out yet.

Sorry to hear about your loss and problems. I know these plays can be toxic. Was cleaning my power heads last week. Went and disturbed a bunch of those dreaded aqua colored plays on the back wall of my 90. After I was through, it started. Coughing,drainage and later that night aches and chills. Thankfully it passed in 24 hrs. This is the 2nd time over a 2 yr period this has happened. These toxic plays are no joke. Just be very careful when removing them. Wear gloves and something over your nose and mouth when removing them. I hate these Aqua palys. Taken over my 60 cube and 90. I feel your pain

Soxx;1087982 wrote: Sorry to hear about your loss and problems. I know these plays can be toxic. Was cleaning my power heads last week. Went and disturbed a bunch of those dreaded aqua colored plays on the back wall of my 90. After I was through, it started. Coughing,drainage and later that night aches and chills. Thankfully it passed in 24 hrs. This is the 2nd time over a 2 yr period this has happened. These toxic plays are no joke. Just be very careful when removing them. Wear gloves and something over your nose and mouth when removing them. I hate these Aqua palys. Taken over my 60 cube and 90. I feel your pain

When I first started in the lobby hobby I got sick like that after fagging some Palys and it passed in 24 hours. That was my wake up warning!

Stay safe and away from these guys and gals!

Back