Need help plumbing

Yes I am doing a 90 this is the result of it I will put the corals in here so I dont have to buy $500 lights on the 90. BUT as of now it looks like buying lights for the 90 would be cheaper.

SCSInet;76731 wrote: 1" will do about 600GPH from gravity feed.

If you have a pump, you can run much more than that as you've got pressure on your side.

Quiet-one is a good pump as well.
Ok but on a 10 wouldnt 200 going in the tank enough(after loss).

TriGa22;76729 wrote: Ok.. I have no idea what this is lol :wow2:
T5 lights... pretty much the best fluorescent technology out there today.

I looked at it and I was a bit off... the lamps will set you back about $20/each, and the ballast is about $22, so that puts you at $60 plus you'll need some misc crap like endcaps. It sounds like your budget is pretty tight so oh well.

I knew what t5 were but not the company and such. But now it looks like lights on a 90 would be better. How much would say6-8 54 watt t5 be?

Which is weird because I never post on this board... I'm always on saltwaterfish.com

chrisjet;76738 wrote: so your new 90g is not gonna be reaf ready ???
It will be drilled. No corals well.. That was the plan thinking setting up a 10 would be cheaper.

SCSInet;76740 wrote: Which is weird because I never post on this board... I'm always on saltwaterfish.com
Me too. You dont get answers quick there though:yuk:

TriGa22;76739 wrote: I knew what t5 were but not the company and such. But now it looks like lights on a 90 would be better. How much would say6-8 54 watt t5 be?
It depends on whether you buy it or DIY it.

For DIY, figure about $25 per lamp for the bulbs, about $8 for a set of endcaps (one per each lamp).

The best ballasts to use are Icecaps, you'd need a couple to drive 6 lamps, and they are pricey at about $150/each. I've used Workhorse ballasts, which are universal electronic ballasts made by Fulham. A Workhorse 7 will drive 4 lamps, and a Workhorse 5 will drive 2. They are about $25 and $22 respectively. Of course you'll need reflectors and stuff as well.

The 90 will be drilled with overflows. I am setting up the 10 gallon to house the corals. It looks likge getting lights for a 90 and forgetting the 10 would be cheaper.

SCSInet;76749 wrote: It depends on whether you buy it or DIY it.

For DIY, figure about $25 per lamp for the bulbs, about $8 for a set of endcaps (one per each lamp).

The best ballasts to use are Icecaps, you'd need a couple to drive 6 lamps, and they are pricey at about $150/each. I've used Workhorse ballasts, which are universal electronic ballasts made by Fulham. A Workhorse 7 will drive 4 lamps, and a Workhorse 5 will drive 2. They are about $25 and $22 respectively. Of course you'll need reflectors and stuff as well.
Around how much are we looking?

Add it up.

For a 6 lamp setup, you are looking at about 150 for lamps, 50 for endcaps, 50 for ballasts, and maybe 150 for individual reflectors, so maybe about 400 bucks.

Of course that's assuming that you have the materials on hand to build an enclosure, etc for them.

I'm wondering if it might actually be cheaper to buy a setup.

yes for a cheap good t5 light buy this
prod_display.cfm

IMO a fixture with lights is a better deal unless you really want a canopy

Back