Need Help, Sick Blue Tang

vettesarebest

Market
Reaction score
Hey guys,
My blue tang which I've had for about 4 years now is sick and I need help diagnosing it and coming up with a treatment for it. She has had it for about 2 days and it started with just her fin looking scratched up. Today (The Second day) I treated the tank with Pimafix. She seems to be breathing quickly but is swimming around a bit. Any thoughts? Freshwater Dip?

DSC_0002.jpg
alt="" />

cleaner shrimp....soak some food in metronidozal amd focas ......make sure oyu use bith as they work together good luck little buddy and were you been man

How long do they usually live? How old was it when you got it? It may just be old age, I'm getting old and I do the same thing. lol

Victor626nj;153867 wrote: cleaner shrimp....soak some food in metronidozal amd focas ......make sure oyu use bith as they work together good luck little buddy and were you been man

Cleaner shrimp is a definate no, because of my pixie hawk. Where can I get these medicines that you listed?

this might be along drive but i bought met and focus at petland duluth for $10 a peice.
if you can call around.

jefft;153893 wrote: How long do they usually live? How old was it when you got it? It may just be old age, I'm getting old and I do the same thing. lol

I am not sure how long they live, but I mean they are supposed to get about 12'' at full grown but I guess he could still be old. I don't have any idea how old he was when I get him, and I've had him for 4 years.

blind1993;153895 wrote: do you have an electrical leak in your tank?

I guess you could say I have an electrical current in the tank, because I don't have a titanium prode or anything. But I haven't added any new pumps or anything and all the pumps and heaters I have are working well.

put both hands in your tank with no socks on and see if you get shocked.

blind1993;153904 wrote: put both hands in your tank with no socks on and see if you get shocked.
are you stupid dude why in the world would you tell someone to do that .........
a> has both and cheaper than petland

Victor626nj;135289 wrote: stick both hands in the water at the same time and dont wear shows if you get electricuted then you have a electrical leek good liuck and let us know what happens ;)

thats why

yeah dude but there is a nice smile on there you dont even know bryan .....but i got your point:up:

Victor626nj;153909 wrote: yeah dude but there is a nice smile on there you dont even know bryan .....but i got your point
i thought you were serious, at least type "j/k."
i went and did that on my tank when you told me to.

Lol, oh man... yeah I am going to pass on the electrical testing, I think I will just pick up a probe at the store. So does anyone know what this is? Thanks Victor BTW.

Vettesarebest;153935 wrote: Lol, oh man... yeah I am going to pass on the electrical testing, I think I will just pick up a probe at the store. So does anyone know what this is? Thanks Victor BTW.
my bad, i have learned victor is always drunk.:doh:

BTW, most tangs live 30-50 years in the wild. Old age for tangs in captivity is 15-20 but avg. is 8-10.

Ok the ethologist is going back to her thesis...

ah she isn't looking good, she isn't eating and she is starting to lay on the bottom not on her side but just sitting there. I think if I put her in QT it would stress her out even more.

man dude i hope she comes out of this ...you think maybe something was picking on her

Turn out the lights to reduce stress and slow the metabolism. Sleep will help her fight this. If you need to watch her use a red light (fish don't see red so it won't disturb her)

I'll see who I can talk to who might know this. We're here for you.

Back