New Neptune Aquacontroller Apex

tuckdaway

Market
Reaction score
I am considering purchasing an AC3 and went to Neptune's website and noticed they are taking preorders for a new APEX controller....

The Apex claims ability to connect to wireless access point such as gaming device--anyone currently connecting their AC3 wirelessly? This is one reason I would get the Apex if not.

Also the price is $499; however, it comes with a DC8 version for Apex. That would put the actual price around $350...close to the $299 for the AC3. The display and interface appears to be an upgrade from the AC3.

Thoughts?

The Apex has the exact same connectvity options as the AC3, its just an ethernet port which you can use a wireless bridge or gaming adapter with. I setup James S.' two weeks back and he is using a linksys gaming adapter and the setup went fine via the web server and aqua notes.

I have had my AC3 wireless for years now. You get a cheap wireless bridge/gaming port. If you know how the stuff works it's real easy to setup. Even if you don't it's not to bad but ya I can check and change stuff at anytime through the internet.

Having said that the Apex looks like a much nicer interface (I love the large readout so you can see it across the room) and also looks like they have finally moved away from the expensive DC8 and fixed the interference issues. I also love the fact that you can put dummy timers in. This will allow "multiple if's" for programming which was one of my issues before. Probably worth the extra $50

My only concern is paying more for it to essentially be a beta tester. I personally would wait a while for the bugs to get ironed out, as many did with the RKE. Then again, maybe the APEX wont have many, but I guess it is difficult to know at this point.

Back