New Tank Setup

tonester_man

Market
Reaction score
I'm in the process of buying a house with a full basement. I would like to make a "Fish Room" in the basement where i can keep all the mechanics of the tank and keep my display tank on the main level.

Does anyone have any suggestions or concerns with the following concept?

I currently have a 90 Gallon, 2 wet/drys (one with an opening for an external pump and one without), 10 gallon tank, and a 7 gallon eclipse tank.

My thoughts are to have the 90 gallon on the main floor, which is gravity feed to the first wet/dry where the skimmer will be. This wet/dry, with the opening for the external pump would then gravity feed to the 7 gallon exclipse tank which will be the refugium. This would gravity feed to the final wet/dry which would contain the return pump to the tank.

The return would split and send (hopefully) 75% of the water back to the display and the other 25% would go into a "Frag/QT" tank. The frag/QT tank would gravity feed back into the refugium.

Please give me your thoughts.

I have attached a pic to try to get the point across.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
196472=11775-Tonester_man potential setup.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
196472=11775-Tonester_man potential setup.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Tonester_man potential setup.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Back