New to Hobby, New Tank in Progress, New Person Introduction

I have the same Bulk Reef Supply rock. I seeded it with 10% wet rock from my LFS. It only took 2.5 wks to cycle/cure. 3 months later it's starting to cover with corralline.

I purchased stiff 1/4" tubing as connecting rods to support my aquascape. I used a masonry drill bit to create the holes for the rods to link the rocks. I can lend you my drill bit and I've got left over 1/4" tubing you can use to see if you want to get enough for your aquascape.

lifeisbeachy850;908868 wrote: I have the same Bulk Reef Supply rock. I seeded it with 10% wet rock from my LFS. It only took 2.5 wks to cycle/cure. 3 months later it's starting to cover with corralline.

That sounds promising. Did you end up just stacking the rock, or was there drilling or epoxy involved?

franciscosalazar;908876 wrote: I purchased stiff 1/4" tubing as connecting rods to support my aquascape. I used a masonry drill bit to create the holes for the rods to link the rocks. I can lend you my drill bit and I've got left over 1/4" tubing you can use to see if you want to get enough for your aquascape.

Hmmm... I was hoping to avoid having to drill in the rock, but it sounds like something I definitely need to look into.

mhwang;909367 said:
That sounds promising. Did you end up just stacking the rock, or was there drilling or epoxy involved?

Mine is purely stacked. I was able to create two arches. In hind sight, I think I would have preferred to have drilled it.

For cycling/curing: I ran my tank temp very high (~84), lots of flow, and 4 hours of light per day.

Back