No issue, but here's a visual of why RODI is important!

RShaeff

Reaction score
My wife talked me into getting a "whole home" filter for Christmas. It was installed 2/1/24. The RODI was installed in June when I got back into the hobby. Today marked the first 6 month filter change of the post-filter (short filter) on the whole home system. The pre-filter is changed every 2 months. Henry County water on full display in the used vs new snapshot 🤮
1000036272.jpg1000034829.jpg

Hate to one up this, but I added this whole home filter to a new construction cabin on city water in TN. The goal was to catch possible sediment and that it did, so dark brown it looks black!

Attachments

• Resized_Resized_20240725_225855_1721962770613_1721962773120.jpeg
    Resized_Resized_20240725_225855_1721962770613_1721962773120.jpeg
    512.2 KB · Views: 13
My wife talked me into getting a "whole home" filter for Christmas. It was installed 2/1/24. The RODI was installed in June when I got back into the hobby. Today marked the first 6 month filter change of the post-filter (short filter) on the whole home system. The pre-filter is changed every 2 months. Henry County water on full display in the used vs new snapshot 🤮
View attachment 91424View attachment 91425
Are you using prefilter and carbon or more? I have had the DIY stuff in my basement for a few years and havent gotten around to it....this is motivation for sure!

Are you using prefilter and carbon or more? I have had the DIY stuff in my basement for a few years and havent gotten around to it....this is motivation for sure!
Carbon and more. Here's the details from the company website (Aquasana)

"Rhino® Filter: Copper-Zinc (KDF) aids in the reduction of chlorine, extends the life of your system, and inhibits bacteria and algae growth. Activated carbon removes up to 97% of chlorine."

Did this affect water pressure to the house?

Yup, especially if you use those small filters. If you look at the specs they have a flow rate and a pressure drop rating.

At my last house I used two 20" filters in parallel and didnt notice any issues. Id love to add one to my current house but I cant find space to locate the housings at the main.

City water is nasty everywhere, your lucky if your pipes are under 80 years old at this point.

After googling Aquasana and perusing their website, I am now getting random ads popping up for the company. Never fails to amaze me.

Did this affect water pressure to the house?
I did not notice a pressure drop until the dishwasher and clothes washer were going, wife taking a shower, me using a sink, amd son flushed the toilet. Otherwise pressure seemed normal to me 99% of the time.

If you can find filter systems with metal housings that have higher pressure ratings with the 20" or larger filters you can then increase the pressure at the PRV to increase flow.

I make a lot of RO water and I've been thinking about getting and RODI system with all metal housings. In Hall my street pressure was 125psi when I moved in, I need to check it again. If you can get the pressure to the RO membrane(s) up above 100psi you can really up the rejection rate and lower the brine waste water amount. RO membranes love pressure.

Back