Ocean Revive Arctic T-247

I've tried all these LED knock offs and I was seeing the same results. I ended up getting so frustrated I went back to MH's and T5's. I bit the bullet and I've decided with my new custom build to go with 4 Radion Xr30W Pros's with the TIR 120 Lenses.

I've interviewed several hobbyist and been to see there tanks and I also contacted Ecotech and spent some good valuable time with them on the phone discussing there products and my new build. There products are all on the high side but there results growing SPS and other corals is by far the best in the industry.

I'm sure many of ARC and other members from other forums have success with all these other LEDs manufactures and I've seen it myself. But I feel your pain Brandon and I've been there and done that and I'm sure you'll eventually fine the results your looking for in due time.

I've considered these also, and may yet replace one fixture at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReefKeeper. When you get a min send me a pm on why they are so good please

Here's the height I have them mounted
b1ba6c7282f860de5af61294ddcdb31c.jpg
alt="" />

And how the setup is arranged

1a48a1bbac5e284ca41a449852261db7.jpg
alt="" />

The corals seem to do a lot better w them up high like that (keep in mind the tank water is only 15" deep)

I can't imagine using the new mounting system and having them only a few inches away.... Perhaps w a much deeper tank.

Genesis;1054666 wrote: Do you have the 2 fixtures on the ends canted inward intentionally?

Hey ... Yea they are tilted a little to minimize light spill and put the light back into the tank

porpoiseaquatics;1054665 wrote: Brandon...out of curiosity....what level of intensity do you have each channel turned to?

I'm running 40 of the "full spectrum" and 85 blue.

I've got halides at the same type curve. How's your growth vs your old overdrivin T5's? That's the million dollar question.

So far the growth is pretty good actually, I've only had them 3 months over frags so I haven't seen HUGE growth.

As the corals grow and have more surface area growth will pick up

So. My time with OceanRevive LEDs is over. They have been shipped off to a fellow reefer in MO.
Did I give them a fair shake? Probably not since I only gave them 3 months.

BUT. Here are a few things I did notice.
1- yes the grow sps
2- limited control (no apex and no gradual on / off)
3- although limited, the controls are simple and work.
4- well built (especially for the cheap cost)

Overall these lights are a VERY good value IMO.

No real problems, but for me it was time to move on.

Hope this thread finds someone who needs the info one day.

mattgee87;1055639 wrote: so what lights are you going to ?

I'm going to give non - pro Radions XR30w a try

hey Brandon, where did you get those metal strut's you used to hang the lights? they black ones with holes in them? I'd like to use them on an 8' span holding 4 or 5 of the same lights you used on them.

Hey man. They are just pre cut metal from lowes or Home Depot. They are in the "hardware" section. I painted them black

Back