OCT-NW-110 or ASM MINI-G

haninja

Lifetime
Reaction score
<span style="font-family: Tahoma;">I have very limited sump space and these two are the only one I found (in my price range) that would fit. This is going on a 46g with light bio load.</span>
<span style="font-family: Tahoma;">Which one would you recommend?</span>

I hope you have better luck than I did when finding a place that has an octo in stock. But I love mine. Fits great in my small sump and pulls out some nasty stuff.

I bought my octo at marinesolutionsinc.com, but I see they are out as well. I also recommend the gate valve mod, as it makes adjusting the water height super easy.

product_info.php

Yep, I was looking at the gate valve mod as well. Seems easy to do. Can get all the parts at HD.

haninja;110126 wrote: Yep, I was looking at the gate valve mod as well. Seems easy to do. Can get all the parts at HD.

Yeah, super easy. Just make sure not to position your gate valve too high, or your backpressure will be too much and your skimmer will constantly overflow into the collection cup.

Are you planning on doing a mesh mod?

wbholwell;110128 wrote: Yeah, super easy. Just make sure not to position your gate valve too high, or your backpressure will be too much and your skimmer will constantly overflow into the collection cup.

Are you planning on doing a mesh mod?

<span style="color: black;">Maybe. I'm thinking of letting it run for a while before I start tweaking it... what pump does it run off? Need to make sure I get extra impeller. and Enkamat</span>

haninja;110130 wrote: <span style="color: black;">Maybe. I'm thinking of letting it run for a while before I start tweaking it... what pump does it run off? Need to make sure I get extra impeller. and Enkamat</span>

It's an OCT-1000, I believe. http://www.reefshops.com/html/product_204.html">http://www.reefshops.com/html/product_204.html</a>

I've got some extra enkamat too, if you'd like it.

Back