Opnons on Dwarf Angel?

nancymatthews

Market
Reaction score
Hello All.
New to ARC. 1st post.
Want to maybe buy a Dwarf Angel for my 30 gallon aquarium. Researchng onlne that they eat coral and my aqaurums to small. Many dfferent opnons. Can anyone help me wth my decson? Than you.

(BTW my children messed up my laptop. Certan letters don't wor. Hense all the mspelled words. Lttle monsters.)

-Nancy

Dwarfs can be very territorial and known to nip at coral.
My flame angel is in my 29 biocube with a clownfish.
They get along and he hasn't gotten a taste for my Z's and P's yet.

The true answer is probably no, they should be housed in at least a 40+ in my opinion. But I see people keeping them in smaller tanks fairly successfully. As far as the coral eating goes it will be hit or miss. Most of the time we have good luck with it and they leave everything alone. We feel pretty safe putting them into most of our reef service tanks. But you have to go into knowing there will always be a chance they will eat coral. Sometimes they leave it alone for years and one day start picking.

Jakub

My experience is with a flame angel. I kept him successfully for about 4 years and he never nipped at anything. Then one day he decided to taste an acan and that was it. He loved coral from that point forward.

Also - welcome to ARC! and the typos are hilarious :)

I've had my flame for over a year now and overall it has been a good experience. It is pretty territorial and is the boss of the tank and only coral nipping experience it has was 1 acro frag I had that had some nice polyp extensions going on that attracted it to nip and the next day rapid tissue necrosis happen... that did happen on a day when it wasn't fat and full though?

NancyMatthews;1029834 wrote:

(BTW my children messed up my laptop. Certan letters don't wor. Hense all the mspelled words. Lttle monsters.)

-Nancy

hey nancy. there is a digital keyboard you can use to fill in the missing letters. its a lot more time consuming to use but all the letters work lol. just go to your search bar in the start menu. or move your mouse all the way to the top right corner of the screen and come down to search in the pop up menu if you're on windows 8 and type in on screen keyboard and it'll bring up the digital keyboard

Thanks everyone. I think I'll pass on a Dwarf Angel even though I want one really really really really badly. It's a gamble and I'm not gonna risk it. Would hate to wake up one morning and it decided to have a midnight snack. Then you'll see me on here giving it away :)

Thank you Pico Reef Guy. I have the virtual keyboard up and it allows me to use that as well as the regular keyboard. My, "8"; "I"; "K"; "," keys don't work. That whole row. (*Note to others: Do not allow your toddlers to bang on your laptop and spill things on it.)

Can't help with the fish, but what type of laptop do you have? Are the keys missing or just need cleaning?

Worst case is you can always get a replacement keyboard from eBay and swap it in.

GaJeep, its a HP Pavilion g6. Keys are there. Tried cleaning the board by blowing air into it and holding it upside down and shaking the crap out of it. Restarting it. None of that worked. I didn't realize how much I used those keys until they were nonoperational.
I didn't think you could replace a keyboard on a laptop.

Yep! They are pretty easy to replace too. Looks like they are between $10-$15 shipped on eBay:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=220917407213&alt=web">http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=220917407213&alt=web</a>

Typically you just pry of the top plastic cover, remove 2 screws and lift up the top and slide it out. Then there is a ribbon cable to remove and you are done. Installing is the reverse

Looks like the screws are from behind:

https://youtu.be/oWSX_qMQFZE">https://youtu.be/oWSX_qMQFZE</a>

Also you can always hook up a usb keyboard and use it. I probably have a couple laying around if you want one

GaJeep just bought the one you sent the Ebay link to. Ha. Thank you so much. I would've have just kept using the vrtual board. LOL. I appreciate your help. Thank you!!!

I hope it's a good one then! I just took the first one that showed up with buy it now.

Good luck, and the offer for the usb keyboard is still open if you need it

Back