Oxygen level

Dump the glass covers. Measure them, go to lowes and have the cut you some acrylic to that size then drill small holes in it. If you want a cheaper easier solution with a bit more risk for jumping fish, you can use eggcrate which can be found in the ceiling tile area of lowes.

Yes, I have the glass lides covering the top of tank. Live & learn.
I don't currently have any fish that I have ever seen jumping, so I think I will just leave the glass lids off and the main part of glass on the tank.

petrasb;31468 wrote: Yes, I have the glass lides covering the top of tank. Live & learn.
I don't currently have any fish that I have ever seen jumping, so I think I will just leave the glass lids off and the main part of glass on the tank.

Yeah, I still have a lot to learn! Keep those covers off the tank, not only will the sauna stop, but your halides will be more effective!

cheers,

Matt

I use eggcrate which is cheap and with some knife or scissors can be cut to fit your openings easily.

Cameron;31470 wrote: I use eggcrate which is cheap and with some knife or scissors can be cut to fit your openings easily.
Seconded. Since it's just about exactly the thickness of the inside lip of a tank, it's basically invisible from the side.

Be sure to get the white stuff, not the chromed stuff. If you can't find it in HD or Lowes, ask where they have the stuff for a drop ceiling. I got a blank stare when I used the term "egg crate".

and write down the number from the bin you got it. Every time I buy this stuff it is a ten minute ordeal at the register cause they don't know what it is.

Back