Phantom Blenny Photo Anyone????

jonboyb

Market
Reaction score
Getting one in a package deal and I STILL haven't seen one. Have no idea what they look like. Both times I've been at Tim's since he's been receiving them they've been sold out. Google could find a pic either.

Also, do they have standard blenny behavior or any unusual quirks?

Not a very good picture, but...

http://fishpix.kahaku.go.jp/fishimage-e/detail?START=191&FAMILY=Blenniidae&SPECIES=&LOCALITY=&FISH_Y=&FISH_M=&FISH_D=&PERSON=&PHOTO_ID=&JPN_FAMILY_OPT=1&FAMILY_OPT=0&JPN_NAME_OPT=1&SPECIES_OPT=1&LOCALITY_OPT=1&PERSON_OPT=1&PHOTO_ID_OPT=2">http://fishpix.kahaku.go.jp/fishimage-e/detail?START=191&FAMILY=Blenniidae&SPECIES=&LOCALITY=&FISH_Y=&FISH_M=&FISH_D=&PERSON=&PHOTO_ID=&JPN_FAMILY_OPT=1&FAMILY_OPT=0&JPN_NAME_OPT=1&SPECIES_OPT=1&LOCALITY_OPT=1&PERSON_OPT=1&PHOTO_ID_OPT=2</a>

Going based on botanical name <span style="font-family: verdana"><span style="font-size: 11px"><span style="color: black">[I](Atrosalarias fuscus)</em></span></span></span>:

[B]Black Sailfin Blenny[/B]<span style="font-family: verdana"><span style="font-size: 11px"><span style="color: black">[I](Atrosalarias fuscus)</em></span></span></span>
[IMG]http://www.reefplayground.net/images/livestock/swfish/blacksailfinblenny.jpg alt="" /> <span style="font-family: verdana"><span style="font-size: 11px"><span style="color: black"> Minimum Tank Size: 20 gallons
Care Level: Easy
Water Conditions: 72-80°F; sg 1.021-1.025; pH 8.1-8.4; dKH 8-12
Aggressiveness: Semi-Aggressive
Reef Compatible: Yes
</span></span></span> <span style="font-family: verdana"><span style="font-size: 11px"><span style="color: black"> This is an easy going blenny. Perfect for small nano aquariums. They readily eat any and all prepared foods and get a long great with other tankmates. </span></span></span>
<span style="font-family: verdana"><span style="font-size: 11px"><span style="color: black"> Black Sailfin Blenny (Atrosalarias fuscus) </span></span></span>

They are hiders. When I was at Keen Reef, he had some, and all you could see was a tiny head sticking out of empty shells. Kinda cool, though.

Ugh.....anyone want my Phantom Blenny...LOL. Not impressive for a SW fish. I'm guessing that pic is probably really bad though as most of the people that have seen them said their pretty nice:D Guess I'll know firsthand this weekend.

Jon, it doesn't look like that. The basic shape is the same, but it fades from black/dark blue to yellow, head to tail. I have not been able to find a picture on the internet that matches this fish. It is not a bad looking fish at all, but a pic is nearly impossible as they are very shy and back into holes in the rock when scared/threatened. The coloration along with the way they move make them a pretty cool fish. I think you will like him.

I have one, will try and get a pic of him tomorrow when the lights are on. He's actually one of my favorite fish, has his little hide, but comes out quite a bit. Got him from Tim awhile back, doing great still.

If you find that you don't want him I will gladly take him or buy him at a good price.

I have one. Blackish blue bodies with yellow tails. They are great algae eaters. I don't have any algae in my tank, but when I inplug my vortec for feeding, he goes in and eats the algae growing on the pump. Mine is out all of the time. It's one of my favorite fish as well...

Back