Pipes bursted in apartment have to move tank

Aratz26

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Fire sprinkler line bursted in my apartment… I go on vacation the 29th. My complex is trying to force me to move my tank tomorrow since their ripping the carpet up, however I don’t have the money to buy a company, don’t have the man power to do it myself, nor is my insurance answering me…. What do I do does someone have a tank I can throw my stuff into what should I do I have a 65 gallon…

Have a 29 gallon tank empty and a 32 gallon and 20 gallon brute trash can if needed

@billyocean chuck says If I want I could hold coral at his place, unless it’s easier at yours… however fish might be a little difficult at his place… would that be alright my apartment complex is royally screweing me over

I told him i could help him with whatever he needs.Hes a college student and dont have alot of money. The coral i can keep and fish. But i explained to him catching fish might be a big issue in my tank. Coral is simple. Thanks Ryan for helping out

Ok so a 65 gallon is really not that hard to deal with. Ive had to move similar size tanks a few times due to flooring being installed.

Here is what I would recommend you do and it will only require one other person.

You will basically want to drain the tank down to about 3"of water, put it on a furniture dolly, move it to another room and fill it back up.

Remove any rocks that may fall when the tank is tilted and moved. Taking out most of the rock will make it easier to move. Also a good time to rise off detritus and till pests and algae. Leave the fish in there and DO NOT disturb the sand bed.

Its really that easy, Ive done it many times.

Ok so a 65 gallon is really not that hard to deal with. Ive had to move similar size tanks a few times due to flooring being installed.

Here is what I would recommend you do and it will only require one other person.

You will basically want to drain the tank down to about 3"of water, put it on a furniture dolly, move it to another room and fill it back up.

Remove any rocks that may fall when the tank is tilted and moved. Taking out most of the rock will make it easier to move. Also a good time to rise off detritus and till pests and algae. Leave the fish in there and DO NOT disturb the sand bed.

Its really that easy, Ive done it many times.
The apartment hes in all flooring has to go. Its all laminate and carpet. Tank has to be removed. And sadly hes going on vacation tomorrow. Its all underway now as we speak.

Just saw this post and may be late, but if any help is needed I live 30 minutes from you and can help with anything as well. Sorry to hear about this.

I'm taking it you got it taken care of
Just saw this post and may be late, but if any help is needed I live 30 minutes from you and can help with anything as well. Sorry to hear about this.
I appreciate it yall! Billy ocean and chuck blessed me up. Hope no one else had to deal with that cold weather horse dookie.

Back