PLEASE HELP -Anemone questions-

el-reefo

Market
Reaction score
Guys,

something is wrong with my anemone. It was fine early this morning, but when I got back at lunch, it was starting to break (appear to break) in two and a hermit was underneath it. Check the pictures. Any help will be appreciated.

Anemone1.jpg
>http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo360/el-reefo/Anemone1.jpg</a>

Anemone2.jpg
>http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo360/el-reefo/Anemone2.jpg</a>

Mabey your anemone is just splitting but I'm not sure. Usually they don't bunch up when they split.

This is really messed up. I can see the inside of it...looks like feta cheese. I looks fine on the top but there it's just not the way it looked when I brought it from the store. Arrrrg!!!! I hate this.

El-Reefo;235207 wrote: This is really messed up. I can see the inside of it...looks like feta cheese. I looks fine on the top but there it's just not the way it looked when I brought it from the store. Arrrrg!!!! I hate this.

If the tentacles are staying intact then it is probably ok. I have seen anenomes look like you describe, but were just fine. How does it look this morning, do you have any recent pictures that show the face of it?

The nem is looking better this morning. I am unable to see the foot anymore as it sort of moved a bit to the right of the rock it was in and looks like it's attaching to it pretty firm.

i hope is doing all well...But it looked terrible.

I went to the aviarium and the guys there told me that their anemones do that thing all the time, but that I should not give up on it.

I'll take some fresh pics this afternoon and post them tonight.

Thank you all for the help/.

Well... It was a bit frustrating for two reasons...One, my clowns had just started to host it, and Two, the darn thing was worth some money I did not want to go to waste.

clowns are true percula/. Fully extended, I'd say that the nem is about 4 inches...No other plants or nems. just getting started with some corals but they are not too big to have a meaningful impact on the nem

Back