PLEASE help me!!!! I'm desperate and out of options!

ms_ k

Market
Reaction score
I was supposed to close on my house today, and I had contracted with Stevhan to move the tank tomorrow. However, as everything else has gone wrong with my house, this was destined to go wrong as well...

I can't close on the house until Monday afternoon. I CANNOT leave the tank in the house until the following weekend. I'm supposed to be out tomorrow, but I have nowhere to move the tank or my animals.

Is there anyone who would be willing to come help me move a tank on Monday evening from Watkinsville to Eatonton. I don't have the supplies or the manpower to move it myself. I'll pay whatever it takes, but I HAVE to move the tank on Monday. I know it would be impossible for most of you, but if you can refer me to someone who could help me, I'd be eternally grateful. I'm at my wits' end with this adventure!

Thanks,
Alicia

I'd be willing to help if you could pick me up Dawgdude. Maybe we could meet at Aquarium Showcase and go from there?

LOL...are you ready for this? I moved this setup just over a year ago. It took aout six hours to break down, move, and reset everything. It takes two pickups or vans and two strong men to move.

125 gallon, 6-foot tank with stand
58 gallon, 3-foot fuge
sump
flexible plumbing
somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 lbs liverock between the display and fuge
nine fish
about half of the rock has attached, unbaggable coral
some 30-40 colonies/frags to bag

This is no small undertaking. Scott and I moved the tank when I first bought it, but I cannot possibly lift one end of this tankif there is any wet sand left in the bottom, and to be honest, it's all I can do to lift it anyway, so I prefer to hire men to move it. Sissy? You betcha! I didn't lose anything last time I moved the tank, so I'm optimistic about that. My fish are hardy and so are my corals.

Oh, and My closing isn't until 3:30, which is an issue, but I could have a friend there to let you in and get you started if you needed to start while I was still at the closing. Otherwise, IF closing only takes 1-1.5 hours, I won't get home until 6:00 or later. As you can see, I have many obstacles to overcome.

dawgdude;54084 wrote: Haha ok well would it be worth it to rent a Uhaul then? We could put the tank and stuff like that in the Uhaul and put all the fish and corals in my truck. I have a few rubbermaid containers that we can use for the rock with corals but it wont be nearly enough for 100lbs.

I'm already renting a U-Haul to move everything else in the house.

I just moved a 125 gallon and if I did it again I WOULD indeed rent a uhaul.

Took me about 6 hours to break it down get it moved and reset.

<span style="font-size: 14px;"><span style="color: blue;">Loren W.</span></span>

I've already moved the tank once, so I definitely remember what an ordeal it was. That's why I plan to live in this new house for a very, VERY long time.

got the pm....so it would have to be evening? I might be able to swing that. If Dawgdude wants to help with a truck that would make life easy. He's got some muscle too. Im willing to work into the night if need be. The cooler night temperatures would definatly help! It took me 5 hours (without drive time) to move my 140 reef w/fuge 250lbs rock, all fish and corals and up 2 flights of stairs. Since then Ive gotten better with tank moves, it can happen.....might need some redbulls though. I still have all of the supplies to move the tank.....let me see what I can work up on monday.

Back