Please recommend LED lighting

So ReefKeeper, true honest comparison between Growth, Color, and Controllability?

Sorry I really can't compare them. I have several Radions in boxes right now with no tank to put them on. I'm going by my experience in owning seeing and comparing what other Reefers have installed in there tanks and the success they've had. I've sold all my Reef Breeders and no longer own any of there fixtures.

I'm new to Radions but not leds. I have several friends with Radions and one of them is housing all my LE corals until my system is installed. I payed a visit to his house the other day and my Walt Disney, orange passion Pink Floyd and all my other LE stuff is flourishing under his Radions. The coral colors and growth is simply outstanding under his Radions. I didn't see those colors he's getting with my Reef Breeders or my ATI T5 Dimmable fixture. I was so impressed I just bit the bullet and bought all Radions and dumped most of the Led fixtures and MH stuff I had. I still own two Maxspect Razors 420 160 watt 15K fixtures and there installed on my frag tanks. They do extremely well with chalices and the rest of my LPS.

I had a RB value unit (early model) on my softy cube. I had some good results with coral growth but after about a year I started getting a wicked hair algae outbreak. Did some research and found some others had a similar issue so I switched to an AI Hydra 26. Immediately I noticed a much better colors and ability to tweak the colors with the AI unit, and the hair algae disappeared. I'v been an AI fan since. Don't mean to knock the new RB units, I have heard great things about them but my experience with one of the older models was not so great.

ReefBreeder Photon 32 (90 degree optics) when I had my 65g. I did have to keep things trimmed as LED does not disperse light like T5 or MH. In my new setup I have decided to go Kessil so we will see how things go. Need to go over to Reeferman's house to do some shopping once things settle in :)
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1055064=64639-ega4ega2.jpg
>
1055064=64639-ega4ega2.jpg
class="gc-images" title="ega4ega2.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
1055064=64640-y7y6upe9.jpg
>
1055064=64640-y7y6upe9.jpg
class="gc-images" title="y7y6upe9.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Back