Plumbing question

It will have to stay as-is. We have that exact true union ball valve (the one Hui referenced). Absolutely no space for it.

It will have to stay as-is. We have that exact true union ball valve (the one Hui referenced). Absolutely no space for it.
If you shorten the hose at the tank and shift the sump slightly to the left in the stand it'll fit. It also adds another union ;)
You'll be much happier in a year or two.

*Edit* I used simple ball valve like that in my last system. By year two it was tough for me to turn them and with my wife, umm yea, not happening.

If you shorten the hose at the tank and shift the sump slightly to the left in the stand it'll fit. It also adds another union ;)
You'll be much happier in a year or two.
I can't shift the sump in the stand without reconfiguring the drain lines. I can fit one of those gate valves from BRS or Marine Depot but they arent union valves.

I can't shift the sump in the stand without reconfiguring the drain lines. I can fit one of those gate valves from BRS or Marine Depot but they arent union valves.
You could always add the unions in. Just add a union on each side. Not sure the room you are working with though.

I know it's frustrating. We're just trying to save you from a headache later down the line.

Do what works for you and if something has to be redone later it's ok, we've all been there. I learned what worked best for me by redoing it a time or two in the first year. I had the room though and I was using cheap PVC from Home Depot or Lowes.

Mostly completed plumbing. Ordered gate valve to replace ball valve, need to add stabilizing strap to manifold, will add fittings when I have something to hook up and most importantly, need to cement everything. Going to add UV at some point but, as suggested, will plumb it separately with it's own pump.
The theme is orange and blue for our favorite NFL team, the Denver Broncos ;)

Attachments

• 20200226_154425.jpg
    20200226_154425.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
  • 20200226_154750.jpg
    20200226_154750.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 10
  • 20200226_154510.jpg
    20200226_154510.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
+1 on gate valves. Marine Depot has them also:

Back