Plz I Need Your Help

couchpotato300

Market
Reaction score
HJ-1.jpg
alt="" />

sorry for the crappy pic but hopefully you get the idea.

what do you think.

plz give any advice.

I have had a 20 long for some time now and just have 1 medium sized and 1 small hang on the back carbon filters and they do great....

yep, you only need one pump.

drain from tank into sump (gravity) ---> flows into skimmer--->flows into fuge--->flows into return pump section where return pump pumps back into the tank.

make sense?

Skriz;176727 wrote: yep, you only need one pump.

drain from tank into sump (gravity) ---> flows into skimmer--->flows into fuge--->flows into return pump section where return pump pumps back into the tank.

make sense?

makes perfect sense.. but im sorry im an idiot and relized i frogot to say that the fuge would actully be a 7 gallon i have. that is taller then the 20 long. so it would need a pump into it. sorry. im dumb

couchpotato300;176752 wrote: makes perfect sense.. but im sorry im an idiot and relized i frogot to say that the fuge would actully be a 7 gallon i have. that is taller then the 20 long. so it would need a pump into it. sorry. im dumb
The higher water source should always gravity feed to the lower source. This avoids messy disasters if the pump feeding up to the higher source gets clogged or breaks.

So either way, you should only have 1 pump. You'll need an overflow or to drill one of the tanks.

Can you drill the 7g? If so, you still don't need an additional pump; let it overflow into the sump. or vice versa.

Skriz;176933 wrote: Can you drill the 7g? If so, you still don't need an additional pump; let it overflow into the sump. or vice versa.

i belive the 7 gal is just plastic. i no its not glass and im almost positive its not acrylic. would it break it it i drilled it.

also if i jus put a small maxi jet pump would that be so bad. just to make life easier.

also in the fuge, correct me if im wrong, i put a think layer of sand and cheato with a small light??

This is a picture of my 20 gal sump. ASM mini G skimmer, GenX return pump w/fuge in middle.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
177007=10856-IMG_2633.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
177007=10856-IMG_2633.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_2633.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
177007=10858-IMG_2637.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
177007=10858-IMG_2637.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_2637.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
177007=10857-IMG_2640.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
177007=10857-IMG_2640.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_2640.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

if it's plastic, then you're okay. Adding a pump not only adds expense, but it also adds something to worry about. If the pump stops working, then the fuge will overflow. Using gravity, that will never happen (unless the drain is blocked, so not never...)

post some pics of your stuff so we can guide you a little better.

Skriz;177115 wrote: if it's plastic, then you're okay. Adding a pump not only adds expense, but it also adds something to worry about. If the pump stops working, then the fuge will overflow. Using gravity, that will never happen (unless the drain is blocked, so not never...)

post some pics of your stuff so we can guide you a little better.

ok i will.

ill probally do it tommorw.

thanks for all the help so far.

Back