poison dart frog vivarium build

let's see if i can get some pictures to load.
top view of the habitat.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

ok' it worked, great.
now to update.
since the tank is going to be viewed from two sides only, the left and back are going to be covered with scape.

few more pics.
some of the supplies that came in.
fieldset>

some work that was done last weekend and yesterday before I left for the Christmas party ended up with this so far.
this where I'm at of today.
running stream, pond, ultrasonic fogger, this is just one plant so far (rabbits foot fern), sheet moss, spring tails in the abg soil and more.
now to see if the current usa. satelite pro light can support the plants then add some more and go from there.
fieldset>

those are a beauty ben, have you had any breed yet?
I don't have any leaf litter yet, do you use any locally fallen leaves?

here is a picture that fall in between the last set, the black spray foam with the cork bark before I covered it all with coco fiber.
fieldset>

This looks absolutely amazing. I have no experience with anything like this, but thats some really good work.

I finally saw it a few days ago and you did an amazing job! Those frogs will be living in an amazing environment. It makes me what to build one. :)

well I got a few more plants in the tank but I had to bypass my water fall while I figure out where my leak is.
water is going from the isolated pond to the false bottom drainage area when it runs over the stream itself, but i'll get it.

just like a reef tank, after setting it all up and running for awhile a few mushrooms and other little buds started popping up out of the moss, pretty cool.
got the auto mister installed and the ultrasonic fogger makes the tank looks really awesome when running all on timers.
we might add frog for the new years.
we had a little mixup with the stand that I ordered, it came in but was the bigger size so i'm still waiting on a stand.
only and main issue I'm dealing with is my glass fogs up in the tank pretty bad, so much so that it's hard to enjoy the view, but i'll figure that one out sooner or later.

I've seen it in person too and it really is an awesome setup. I'm trying to rein in thoughts of doing an aqua terrarium myself.. .you may just start a trend Marlon!

dasianguy;1064751 wrote: I've seen it in person too and it really is an awesome setup. I'm trying to rein in thoughts of doing an aqua terrarium myself.. .you may just start a trend Marlon!

come on man lets get it started, you know as soon as I'm done with this one i'll need a new project.

update, after making sure all is well with the habitat here are the new occupants.
a pair of beautiful bumble bees.
fieldset>

MYREEFCLUB0070;1072743 wrote: update, after making sure all is well with the habitat here are the new occupants.
a pair of beautiful bumble bees.

Those are awesome! Since I know absolutely nothing about dart frogs. Can you mix and match different species?

i'll see if I can get a better picture of them and yes you can mix species but it is not recommended simply to avoid cross breeding / aggression and disease control

Back