Poll: Fish names

b_x_two

Reaction score
I was wondering who out their (besides kids) actually names their fish in your Aquarium?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I do, flodett is my favorite fish. She is a nice Hawaiian naso tang. Reason for the name was my original plan for my 150 was to house a turtle that was to be called Floyd. But i could not resist doing another mixed reef so Floyd was not to be, the naso was my first new fish into it so in memory of Floyd we called her flodett

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

We have a Lipstick Blonde Naso named Sandy (from the movie Grease)...lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Hans is one of my clowns because he was solo for awhile when his mate jumped to her death

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Once I did.
I had a HUGE tomato clown that was bite me every time I put my hands in...
his name was Guido

My kids have names most... But I have a d-bag pair of cinnamon clowns... Big Birtha and Bruce....

i had a mandrin named bob and 2 barnacle blennies one named jim and the other one i cant remember. i guess i liked jim better than his brother lol

nickg;1083382 wrote: My kids have names most... But I have a d-bag pair of cinnamon clowns... Big Birtha and Bruce....

haha i had a maroon clown in my old 42 bowfront named big bertha, i forgot about her lol

I've named all my fish... why not, right?

Male Domino Clown: I'm Batman
Female Domino Clown: No, I'm Batman
Benghai Cardinal: Ned Nederlander
Benghai Cardinal: Dusty Bottoms
Male Yellow Coris Wrasse: Chief Knockahoma
Mystery Wrasse: Sherlock
Yellow Diamond Goby: Scoop
Midas Blenny: Indiana Jones
Maculiceps Tang: Freckles
Leopard Wrasse: Felipe

i love the name scoop for the yellow diamond goby! very appropriate lol

Meeetch;1083262 wrote: Hans is one of my clowns because he was solo for awhile when his mate jumped to her death

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

lol I love this one

There are two kinds of aquarists.

Those who name their fish, and those who LIE.

:lol:

My favourite fish of all time was a Koran Angel we called Nick. He had a little chunk out of his head (mechanical injury) when we got him, and it left a little scar.

When we had the 1000 gallon tank, they all had names, except for the 6 Monos - one with a broken jaw was called Mr. Bill (he had that look on his face) and we could not tell the other 5 apart but collectively they were known as the 6-Pack. Batfish named Bruce, Panther Grouper named Hercules (his last keeper gave him that handle...) Yep we named all the keepers.

Jenn

Back