Prodibio

ericmcj31

Market
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has put the prodibio stuff in their tanks yet?? If so, which product did you pick up and have you seen any results yet? Would like to get you guys' input as you keep on the program over the 30 vials.

I got the reef booster and put it in last night, obviously can't tell anything yet, but nothing seems to have croaked either, which is a good thing. I was kinda hesitant to put it in, but figured I'd give it a whirl.

Im starting the regimen of using the reef booster also, beggining this evening.

I picked up the BioKit Reef, I should have just gone for the Bio-Clean, as I have no intention of putting most of these things in my tank.

Typical of aquarium products, as the instructions for use that comes in the cool packaging is sparse at best.

I'm impressed with the freebies though, as I thought we got only one of each vial in the box was shocked to see 30 vials in my box.

I'm going to wait and see what results you guys get before I use this stuff.

If anyone grabbed the Bio-Clean kit and would like to trade for the Bio-Kit Reef Complete kit, just let me know, as most of mine will go to waste.

yeah-I figured at most we'd get like 6 or 10 vials--and Iwas pleasantly surprised to get 30--they go for like $40 at the places that have them--I'm kinda anxious to see the results, and yeah, I thought the directions were really sparse-

i dosed my tank as soon as i got home, all my softies and lps puffed up bigger and better than iv seen them in a while. or maybe its having a placebo affect on my brain.

Yeah, everything looks fine-but nothing jus tlooks better-as of yet

saltwater junky;119597 wrote: i dosed my tank as soon as i got home, all my softies and lps puffed up bigger and better than iv seen them in a while. or maybe its having a placebo affect on my brain.

Which of the suppliments would you dose for this effect?

CAUTION!!!!

No one else here is probably this dumb but.....

when i opened the package of Bioptim I only broke the seal on one side of the box, thinking it would keep the cover in place. Well, when i opened the box it snapped off the tops on all the first row of vials and I had Bioptim everywhere. To make things worse, the vials were still wedged in the holes and when I attempted to extract them the glass vials broke and cut my hand.
Like I said, I'm sure no one else will have this problem but just wanted to let everyone know how dumb I am. ;)

Bob

I have uploaded the Prodibio handout from last night..

There might be a few small mistakes from my software that transfers the image to text. I have not tried to proof read it yet but you should be able to figure it out.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

i got the nano kit and put in the biodigest last night. i didnt think i would see any results today but maybe that is why my fox coral is bigger than ever just overnight.

this stuff seems pretty cool and if you stayed on the schedule you could get great results. i just wouldn't pay that much when it is not necessary for the health of my reef.

FYI: Each kit should have come with a little plastic sleeve... You use that to break the glass. DO NOT CUT YOURSELF BOB!!!

I just added a full dose of the kit. The only complaint I have is some things like the iodine are dosed for like 400L tanks. Mine is only 55 gal (200L) so there is no easy way to only dose half.

I do got to give big thanks to Pordibio though, at $50 each kit, they hooked the club up in a BIG way!!!! I was not expecting that at all! I can not wait for some people to use this stuff (the kits should last most people 3-4 months) and be able to report back the findings in time for MACNA...

Cant you still dose the whole vial? Would that be problematic?

yeah i did a full dose as well leaves your tank a little cloudy though things are clearing up now though

Depending on the formation of the Iodine (such as being Iodate) you may not be able to overdose it. Other forms could do very bad things. I would follow the directions... hopefully somewhere they have gone over this.

bobz;119623 wrote: CAUTION!!!!

No one else here is probably this dumb but.....

when i opened the package of Bioptim I only broke the seal on one side of the box, thinking it would keep the cover in place. Well, when i opened the box it snapped off the tops on all the first row of vials and I had Bioptim everywhere. To make things worse, the vials were still wedged in the holes and when I attempted to extract them the glass vials broke and cut my hand.
Like I said, I'm sure no one else will have this problem but just wanted to let everyone know how dumb I am. ;)

Bob
you would have to go a lot further to be as dumb as me. I did not hurt myself, but was wondering how to open those vials. Thanks Brandon.

Ok here is what I got:

<span style="font-size: 11px;"><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;"><span style="font-size: 12px;">It is an iodine/iodide compound that contains 76mg of iodine in each vial. I would not overdose just to be safe, I doubt you can but someone add that to the list of questions I will send Prodibio.</span></span> </span></span>

Cool-hope we all have super reef tanks in a couple months--yeah--I got enough for like 7 months (30 weeks)

I answered Victors question the other Prodibio thread but here ya go again.

Yes Bob please use the rubber piece to break the glass. I've gotten several cuts by using my just my fingers. Those little rubber pieces are easy to loose.

Bipotim and Biodigest can be dosed together. It will take several doses before you see a major difference in your tank. When I first started over a year ago, I saw a difference in about a month. I was consistant for about 2 months and well..........Again dose both of those on a stick 14-15 day schedule. Cameron and I both talked with them and it seemed like after 15 days the bacteria strains had hit their peak performance.

Yes I was very surprised and please to see the 30 pack. That was very generous of them. Mike Muffret and split the Bipotim and Biodigest.

Oh yeah, they told me if we had any questions, good or bad comments to please e-mail them.

just to clarify, I wasn't opening the vials when i cut my hand. All the vials broke open when the top of the carton was opened. Jagged glass vials everywhere! My dumb a__ move was trying to pry them out of the holes in the carton, not realizing how tightly they were jammed in there! d-oh!!!!
Bob

I cant wait to monitor the effects their bacteria products have on cyno/ redslime and surface oil films.

Back