Prodibio

bonniesherrie;119820 wrote: I love my Micro Algae (Chaeto) Will the BioDigest kill the Chaeto? Does anyone know?

Should not do anything to it. Chaeto is a Macro Algae where digest is used to combat micro-algae. We will soon find out because I added it directly to my huge ball of Chaeto. I will be the lab rat for this one.

Cheato is Macro Algae, and it shouldn't be harmed by Prodibio when dosed according to directions. I'd imagine that Biodigest may slow down the growth if it removes nutrients that the Cheato is currently feeding on, but I've also read reports of Algae blooms when fed too much ReefBooster.

If I were in the position my Cheato growth was stagnant 'cause there weren't enought nitrates and phosphates in the water column I'd celebrate!

Ran it for a year, but didn't find it that useful. I still use the reefbooster twice a month, but can't tell you if it makes any difference, cause if I skip a month I don't see any difference either.

Roland Jacques;119729 wrote: I cant wait to monitor the effects their bacteria products have on cyno/ redslime and surface oil films.

If not anything, the biofood will fuel more cyano on overdose.

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">One thing I found using the product is I have to leave my skimmer off because of the excessive foaming. Just got my new RO/DI unit up, so I’m cooking up some saltwater as I type.</span></span>

jefft;119873 wrote: <span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">One thing I found using the product is I have to leave my skimmer off because of the excessive foaming. Just got my new RO/DI unit up, so I’m cooking up some saltwater as I type.</span></span>

Which product Jeff? There were a mix of different packages distributed at the meeting so everyone potentially has a different 'product'. It'd help all of us (at least me!) if we were clear on which of the products we're referring to.

Thx!

dealing with Bio-Digest: Concerning it ridding your tank of algae. What effect would it have on a fish such as a lawnmower blenny, that only eats algae?

Hence why Lawnmower blennies are not the best choice for a well run aquarium, IMHO. One would starve in my 55 gal tank. You can try Formula 2 algae or nori to help feed him.

I havent been able to attend a meeting yet. I really wanted to come to this one because i was very interested in trying some of these but am i finishing another degree in the evenings on Tuesday so i cant. Is there still a way to buy any of these or am I SOL? If not how does prodibio compare to zeo? and where would i go about getting either?

Sam over at aquabuys is going to start carrying Prodibio so you will be able to pick it up from him. We pretty much gave all the "free" product that we have to the members who were at the meeting. It was a great body count at the meeting BTW: over 60 MEMBERS not including guests and non-members.

Thanks, i really wish i could make the meetings but my schedule is really demanding. Id much rather be there than working! anyways I may wait and see how you guys like it first before i try it...Is this something that needs to be run continuously?

From what we have gathered, yes, you need to run it all the time, dosing once every 15 days. One box will run my tank for over 3 months but I have a 55 gal. Depending on what product you get and what you want it to do, one box would last my tank for 15 months (30 vials / 2 times a month). There are bigger packs available for larger tanks. Retail price on most packs is $40-$50.

I got the reef booster-it said turn off all skimmers and filters for like 10-15 mins. I think

Patrick214;119927 wrote: Thanks, i really wish i could make the meetings but my schedule is really demanding. Id much rather be there than working! anyways I may wait and see how you guys like it first before i try it...Is this something that needs to be run continuously?

Essentially...there's a dosing schedule for each product (weekly or bi-weeky).

Geehh;119901 wrote: Which product Jeff? There were a mix of different packages distributed at the meeting so everyone potentially has a different 'product'. It'd help all of us (at least me!) if we were clear on which of the products we're referring to.

Thx!

I picked up the BioKit reef. I see some of my softies seem happier (little more color, more extension), but I'm glad I kept an eye on the skimmer when they said you can turn it back on after an >an hour. I also was able to deliver each vial without physical injury to myself or neighbors!:roll:

Ah, i thought i read that somewhere. This stuff is similar to the zeo stuff that is popular across the pond? or am i just making stuff up?

jefft;119937 wrote: I picked up the BioKit reef. I see some of my softies seem happier (little more color, more extension), but I'm glad I kept an eye on the skimmer when they said you can turn it back on after an >an hour. I also was able to deliver each vial without physical injury to myself or neighbors!:roll:
are you kidding me i thought i was fine .this morning i woke up my skimmer was overflowing....thank good i clean the collection cup last night ....this stuff is crazy ..

Zeo was started by a mineral that is proported to absorb types of ammonia I believe. Zeovit does sell similar additives to the Prodibio product as well as many more additivites. They also have a pretty extensive dosing schedule if you follow the full program.

Back