Propogating Shrooms

I had a mushroom that grew into a large oval with two mouths, so one day I decided to cut him into seven pieces. Every piece has made it. I also have a collection of green stripped shrooms that were 1.5in diameter and cut all of them in half some into thirds. All made it. I kept them in a net with sand and they all eventually attached.

Well I set up a 10 gat last night with a little LS and LR from my sump. The water was from a WC. It is just running a HOB w/ filter floss and a 100W 6500K PC light, currently. Think this will suffice?

So, exactly what conditions are ideal for the propagation?

I setup something similar except I am using a 96w powerquad. My goal this weekend is to go after a few of my rics and also acouple larger zoa colonies that need to be split up.

Here is my 2 cents on your comparing PCs and T-5s. They are both basically the same lamp, just in a different configuration. They make Many spectrum colors of both styles. So if you match up the light output (PAR) and the same color lamps you would have the same results.

T-5s last longer, I think this is due to the fact they cool better than PCs. They also can put out more light watt for watt due to type of reflector that can be used with t-5s.

I believe that LPS and srooms... tend to like the reds and blues spectrum's in lamps. But Ive never really studied that. Just my opinion.

Back