Radion vs kessil

simonhill55

Supporting
Reaction score
I am looking for opinions from folks who has used both.

I currently have two displays, a 180 and a 125. Both are 6 feet long. They are both mixed reefs right now. More acros/sps in the 180. I currently run two ap700/t5 combo over my 180 and MH on the 125. I am about to replace the halides.

I plan on making the 180 sps dominant and make the 125 more lps/softie.

I am about to get three xr30 gen 4 second hand. So heres the question: Should I move the kessils to the 125 and run the radion/t5 combo for the sps in the 180... or leave the kessils and use the radions over the 125 for the lps?

In other words, has anyone noticed better sps grow/color under radions or kessils?

I have read online that kessils seem to grow lps better and radions for sps, but just looking for others opinions.

I have had them both. I started with radions and switched to kessil. They both grow coral equally well in my opinion. Ecotech sells most of its products to new people in the hobby. So there are a lot of them out there. Kessil looks more natural IMO. And their app is way better than Mobius. I have had such a bad experience with EcoTech Marine lately I may never use their products again.

Have not used either of them, but I have seen both on tanks side by side, I liked the light from the kessils better

I’ve had 2 kessil 360wes on my tank for about 6 month and just felt like I couldn’t get any coral growth, I have most softies and lps and even some sps which struggled. Switched to Gen5 radions and I’ve never seen my torches so long and full along with all my other corals, kessils shimmer was the only thing I liked better about them

Really!? how high above the tank is the light and how deep is the tank? You just made me want some radion 5s now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back