Reef angel star help

dustin

Market
Reaction score
Greetings,
I’m reading about this controller as a budget option to get some readings accessible online. What I can’t seem to feel certain about is whether the base $250-$300 unit comes with everything for ph and temp monitoring and the wifi unit in one package. Anyone have experience purchasing the base unit and what it needs it addition if anything?

thanks

If you really want budget - just buy a WiFi Inkbird for temp and don’t worry about remote ph monitoring.

Reef angel base does look like it will do what you want - but you’re approaching low end APEX prices and for sure can get a used apex for around that same amount.

FYI - there are a couple used Apex units for sale here on the forum - the older ones are a little questionable with wifi and really are safest on a wired connection but there are a couple pretty good deals on used controllers floating around.

Well I’m crazy I can absolutely do a wired connection right into my router. I just assumed everything with an apex is an added cost. Probes and such start to add up.

Well I’m crazy I can absolutely do a wired connection right into my router. I just assumed everything with an apex is an added cost. Probes and such start to add up.
consider probes mostly generic - temp probes rarely go bad - PH probes are all the same essentially. When I say that - I'm not saying that one brand may be better or worse than another - but because pretty much any brand PH probe will work just fine with any controller.

Back