Reef keeper lite for $99

Well I think it's because the RKL1 is on sale, don't know if it will be a permanent price drop. Even with the price of the RKL1, the RKL3 is still the best value.

It says the RKL is good for beginners. Is it really? If so, is it the best value of the available controllers? It seems like a useful product at a decent price.

TJHERMAN...

check out the forum on the DA website.. I find that the complaints/suggestions sections of these manufacturer hosted forums are VERY useful in determining the quality of a product.. (usually it's one or two people that keep having problems, not a hundred people that have the same problem.)

of course, operator error (either in setup or application) is often the cause of the issues... (although I haven't read all of the issues with the RKE or RKL systems)

Acroholic;358647 wrote: I was just looking at the RKL "Levels" on the DA site. The RKL Level 1 is $99, Level 2 has an SL1 input and is $209. If you just get Level 1 and buy an SL1 separately, the SL1 is only $70, for a Level 2 equivalent for $169.

Weird pricing structure there.

http://www.digitalaquatics.com/saltwater/RKL">http://www.digitalaquatics.com/saltwater/RKL</a>[/QUOTE]

you'd still have to purchase a PH probe to have the same box contents that the RKL2 has out of the box..

I think the probe is $50-$60

:up:

gotcha, I see that now..

I'm like, one minute: eh.. to hell with it.. get the elite pkg,

then the next minute: the RKL3 pkg is less than $300... you don't need a network connection or moon lights set to the lunar cycle..

then the next minute: you don't even have your tank setup yet, just use timers for right now..

then: why have entry level when you can get "elite"...

I need help..

Well if you want to go "Elite" you can. You can trade in the Lite head unit for a credit torwards the Elite head unit. And if you get the $99 package, when you trade in, you'll actually save money. The trade in value of the head unit is $50, which fits it in with the price scheme, but if you get the L1 right now, and trade in later, you will have paid $10 for the head unit, and get $50 credit for it. I'll probably be going to the Elite head unit sometime this year. I'm also planning to order the L1 soon so I'll have a spare head unit, since I want another PC4. I can trade that head unit in and still have a spare on standby should something happen to the Elite head unit.

I spoke with Sam yesterday and he has closed his store, not his business and is doing business out of his basement so most things are dropped shiped to you. so no stopping by anymore.

Big D;359022 wrote: <span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS">For the money, you may want to take a really close look at the APEX. I know some folks are set on DA, I was for years... but I've pre-ordered an APEX now. It just has a lot more to offer than the RKE.</span>

<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS">D</span>

This started as a thread for the RKL. If there's a better value than the RKL1 for $99, I'd be interested in one. I went with the RKL3 over the ACJr because I felt it had more to offer for me and is an awesome deal. It's enough to run my 90. It's enough to run most people's systems. When I want to upgrade, instead of replacing the entire system, I only have to replace the head unit, which means another $300, instead of another $500 and having to deal with selling the old system.

this is a thread about VALUE...

I don't want to pay $99 for something that wont work.. I'd rather pay 3X that for something that WILL...

sometime rabbits are chased...

but it is all good in the end..

But you keep mentioning the Apex, something that's not fairly compared to the RKL. That's like comparing a Bubble King skimmer to a Seaclone. If you want to compare something, the AC Jr is on the same level as the RKL. I only mentioned the RKE because of the upgrade option, didn't know if AC offers that. If they do it'd be good to mention that one could start with an AC Jr and upgrade to an Apex without having to drop another $500-600.

Big D;359129 wrote:
<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS">I will say that many of us that have owned DigitalAquatics equipment in the past will never go back!!! There is very good reasoning for this... I don't like to loose livestock! :eek:</span>

<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS">D</span>

Would you mind elaborating on this? I've not heard anything about problems of that magnitude, only things like which is more upgradeable, easier to program etc.
Thanks.

Back