Reef Napalm

porpoiseaquatics

Market
Reaction score
Can somebody post the formula for reef napalm and then a brief description of how you put it to use. Did you turn off all water flow and for how long? etc.

I've got some teal palys invading some more desirable zoas and I want to nuke them.

Jeff,
The original Napalm thread is stickied in the Reef Discussion Forum here:

http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36190">http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36190</a>

I killed a ton (hundreds) of big nuisance plays with Napalm a few months ago, so feel free to PM me any questions you have as well.

I just mixed 1/3 cup Rooto with a liter of RODI, then apply directly on the Palys. Let it sit for about 15 minutes, then start the tank back up. You'll kill a lot initially, then a week to two weeks later, reapply as needed, then repeat. There are fewer and fewer each time. After a couple months of this you will see one to two pop up once in a while, and spot kill as needed. I think all mine are gone now from my 465.

hey Dave, can you reiterate instructions verbatim pm...Since January, I have been trying to ween these effing twistii's off their teets....Yes! I knew they were extremely difficult...but come on! This one ***** will still not eat anything but Nutramar Ova which has a nationwide shortage since November 2013! lol it's causing massive hydroids and the first visual of a majahoe, lo in 5 years, ouch!

Will this stuff kill zoas? I have some zoas that have a few aptasis on them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

jtsreef;958617 wrote: Will this stuff kill zoas? I have some zoas that have a few aptasis on them

I'm pretty sure it will kill anything that comes in contact with.

heathlindner25;958626 wrote: I'm pretty sure it will kill anything that comes in contact with.

That blows it's right in the center of a frag of zoas.. looks like I'll be fraging them and just tossing the ones that have any on them

eza4e3ag.jpg
alt="" /> see my problem? There even growing on each polyp

mysterybox;958271 wrote: hey Dave, can you reiterate instructions verbatim pm...Since January, I have been trying to ween these effing twistii's off their teets....Yes! I knew they were extremely difficult...but come on! This one ***** will still not eat anything but Nutramar Ova which has a nationwide shortage since November 2013! lol it's causing massive hydroids and the first visual of a majahoe, lo in 5 years, ouch!

Sent PM.

Got it! Thanks!

This one "***********" is basically making my SPS based ULNS a Seahorse tank....while it works (with difficulty), i's not balanced....

jtsreef;958617 wrote: Will this stuff kill zoas? I have some zoas that have a few aptasis on them

Yes it will burn a holding the colony but I've done it. I had a mojo growing n the middle of some chocolate chips. They will recover and grow over the hole. Use a hypodermic needle and inject it with a small amount.

Mikesmith34;958666 wrote: Yes it will burn a holding the colony but I've done it. I had a mojo growing n the middle of some chocolate chips. They will recover and grow over the hole. Use a hypodermic needle and inject it with a small amount.

You think I could do this to the polyp they are on also? With out killing all of them

jtsreef;958672 wrote: You think I could do this to the polyp they are on also? With out killing all of them

Yes...I inject individuals with a diabetic needle and straight vinegar. Normally only takes one dose but sometimes two to kill it.

porpoiseaquatics;958681 wrote: Yes...I inject individuals with a diabetic needle and straight vinegar. Normally only takes one dose but sometimes two to kill it.

Good to know.. now I need to find the needles

You generally have to buy more than one. Last time I did, they were only 10 cents each. That's been several years ago. Used to be able to get them at any pharmacy by just stating that you are a diabetic but I've heard from some that you need a prescription to get them now. I really don't know. Best thing is to call a pharmacy.

I have used lemon juice to kill ones in the middle of zoa colonies with some success. only problem is you need a precise injection.

I killed literally hundreds of those big light green palys in my 465 over 4 months or so with napalm. The main drawback to it is collateral damage to desirable corals near the pest you are trying to kill.

jtsreef;959178 wrote: When and where can I meet you to get one

My work in Marietta any day of the week. PM me for details if you are interested.

Back