Rich's 120 Build.

rdnelson

Market
Reaction score
Yeah you think you know it all but.... I am not getting back in just yet. But I did just buy a 120. Going to do this very slow. First order of business will be to build the stand and canopy.

I want this to be something nice and not thrown together so it will take me a little time to design, pick what materials I want to use and then build it. I would expect it will be at least fall before I get the stand built.

Any way, sit back, crack open a cold one and enjoy the ride. I will try to make it entertaining.

I know you all think I have no heart but now I have an ultrasound to prove it. :)

Hahha....I knew it, you couldn't get completely out. Welcome back.

I'm certain it will be entertaining.

Thanks guys. But it will be a bit before there is any water involved. :)

I know you all think I have no heart but now I have an ultrasound to prove it. :)

rdnelson99;962923 wrote: Thanks guys. But it will be a bit before there is any water involved. :)

Well by the time there's water I should have some nice size frags for you..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

You've got 9 months until Giuliano gets to kick you square in the nads. Glad you're back in it.

Ringo[emoji768 wrote: ;962983]You've got 9 months until Giuliano gets to kick you square in the nads. Glad you're back in it.

LOL. Yeah I expected I had more time but when MRC turned his tank around so quick I figured I better get busy. :)

Ok, here is a little tease.

yryvusy5.jpg
alt="" />

Bgcoop8784;962996 wrote: Looks like it was a tight squeeze to get it in the back, now that you have the tank it'll probably go faster than you think getting water in it.

LOL. Maybe. But really, I am going to take my sweet time. First on the list is to build a custom furniture grade stand. I want it to rival something Grouper Therapy or Dustin could build. I know I can't achieve that but you got to reach for the stars right? The design is going to be very custom. LOL. Really thinking outside the box. I have a rough idea in my head that I know will morph as I think it through but I am pretty sure it will not be like what you are accustom to seeing.

Tagging along, want to see your progress and dedication, seems like this one gonna take a while but I hope I can follow it until the last coral and fish in that tank

LEDs, BA overflow, Nice patented ATO???? Want to know!!! Seems like you had great success last time with this formula!

Joseayes I love the Bean Animal but this already has corner overflows so I will stick with that.

I will most likely modify the DIY ATO that I had on my old tank with some improvements when I get to the sump planning.

No thoughts yet on lighting. What ever I do it will be dimmable. May go back to T5s. I can get dimmable ballast fairly easy through my work.

Making progress! Well ok not a lot of progress but....

During my last woodworking project my orbital sander gave out so this morning I cashed in some gift cards at amazon and ordered a new on. Going to need it in the stand build.

After I finish the yard work today I am heading to Barns & Noble to cash in more gift cards. (My kids take the easy way out when it comes to present). LOL. On the want list is some books on joinery. I want to go with some old school techniques when I do the stand and canopy.

Then it is off to HD (yes, more gift cards). Most likely won't buy anything there yet but want to look at what options are readily available for materials. I am thinking I may have to buy lumber from a specialty yard because I am looking for something other than furniture grade plywood. Not sure.

I am debating going with some decorative tile inlays on the flat surfaces so I may see what HD has.

I have not started the in depth planning for the stand and canopy just yet but have several ideas running through my head. I will up date as it progresses.

Back