Rodriguez 300 DD build thread

rodriguez

Market
Reaction score
so here we go again :) , the only difference is that this time i am building my dream tank, i just got my marineland 300 DD with starphire glass pick up from Atlanta Aquarium (thank you Rith) and i know it will take me sometime before i put water in, but at least i got the tank already and stared to work on the stand last night, so the tank will have to be seating on my truck until Sunday when i am hoping to have finish with the stand and because i also have to remove the Door and frame to the basement because is a 32" door and the tank is 36" so i will replace the door to a 36" door, but it is a working progress, so stay tune more to come.

LOL. I knew you couldn't last. :). What was it 2 months without a tank????

Happy to see a great member back in. Welcome back Carlos.

If you carry the tank in on it's side, you won't need to replace your door. It's only 27" tall.

rdnelson99;1046008 wrote: LOL. I knew you couldn't last. :). What was it 2 months without a tank????

Happy to see a great member back in. Welcome back Carlos.

thanks , it was about 2 1/2 months

mufret;1046012 wrote: If you carry the tank in on it's side, you won't need to replace your door. It's only 27" tall.

you think the tank will hold side way without getting damage?

rodriguez;1046015 wrote: you think the tank will hold side way without getting damage?

I don't see why it would be harmful, but I have never moved a tank that big.

rodriguez;1046014 wrote: thanks , it was about 2 1/2 months

Oh ok. Well that makes it better. Hehehehehe

I helped move one about that size (twice). You should be fine as long as you don't jar it.

Carlos, I was by Rit's today and saw that tank. It's a beauty. It was outside on the sidewalk. I tried to pick it up and load load it in my truck but Rit wouldn't help me! :) I'm putting first dibs on the tank right now if you decide to sell it later!

rodriguez;1046015 wrote: you think the tank will hold side way without getting damage?

My wife and I have a marineland 300DD in our retail store and it was fine being carried on it's side thru a narrow door. We got it from The Fish Store and had them deliver it and it took 4 men (including myself) armed with suction cups to carry it. It's about 500lbs empty and so bulky I couldn't imagine moving it without the suction cups. It was delivered around early February and it's still fine, no leaks so far (knock on wood!).

BTW, I hate to possibly discourage you from building your own stand, but are you aware that Marineland doesn't honor the warranty on the 300DD if you don't place it on a Marineland stand? Just something to keep in mind.

dasianguy;1046115 wrote: BTW, I hate to possibly discourage you from building your own stand, but are you aware that Marineland doesn't honor the warranty on the 300DD if you don't place it on a Marineland stand? Just something to keep in mind.

thank you will give a try tomorrow.

dasianguy;1046115 wrote: BTW, I hate to possibly discourage you from building your own stand, but are you aware that Marineland doesn't honor the warranty on the 300DD if you don't place it on a Marineland stand? Just something to keep in mind.

yes i am aware, but there stand is so expense so i will take a chance, thank you

Urbanknight;1046037 wrote: Carlos, I was by Rit's today and saw that tank. It's a beauty. It was outside on the sidewalk. I tried to pick it up and load load it in my truck but Rit wouldn't help me! :) I'm putting first dibs on the tank right now if you decide to sell it later!

you got it, doug

f6c2f697805661683afe8d63b1826f5e.jpg
alt="" />

Back