Seahorse macro- the best- thanks Barbara!

jmaneyapanda

Sponsor
Reaction score
I got this Macro from Barb a while ago for my seahorse tank- it rules. Very rubbery and spiraly. The seahorses love it, as do the bristleworms, and my pair of Yasha gobies who live deep within, and only grace me with their presence when they are being fed.

DSC05060.jpg
alt="" />

what is that, do u know?

I have no idea, but it has grown very well, and has these fuzzy spicules.

I have some too. I wanna get rid of it.

Steve, are you sure it's this? and not Dictyota? This is free forming (it doesnt grab to rocks), and is bigger. If you want it gone, you just pull in off.

have any full tank shots??

DSC05059-1.jpg
alt="" />

ace1204;233545 wrote: awesome, im contemplating setting up a 30 cube for seahorses next

Thats what it is- a 30 cube. I got a killer deal from MarkL for this cube with an overflow and sump. It rules.

I'm gonna pull all that crap off when I set-up the 185... Don't want all that getting in there.

Steve;233547 wrote: I'm gonna pull all that crap off when I set-up the 185... Don't want all that getting in there.

Are you sure its not this (Dictyota sp.)? They are quite different.

dict1.jpg
alt="" />

jer, what is the growth rate of this macro, under your conditions?...er..is it a fast/slow grower?

That's not it, it doesn't look like yours now that I've pulled it off and done a water change. It looks more like leaves..

I looked high and low for that macro when I had my dwarf seahorses. Never found it. Congrats though. And I noticed you had a clam in there. I assume you have strong lights. Do you notice any negative effects on the seahorses. I've always read that they didn't like strong lighting. But I wasn't sure if it was because of the strength of the lights or the sudden change when they came on and went off. Great looking tank! Keep up the good work and keep us posted on the progress.

I'm thinking about setting up a 2g tank with a 20g sump for a couple H. zostaer sea ponies.

Back