Shallow or No Sandbed

He basically lays down concrete made out of aragonite the size of your tank bottom. Then before it dries rolls the top layer in a fine sand. It will look like a sandbed but won't actually allow the sand to blow anywhere since it will be dried into the mix. He can then drill holes in the bed creating areas for frags to be put in and not moved about.

wouldn't detritus eventually get caught detween the the "bed" and the edges of the tank?

Possibly but you could easily make it a bit shorter or silicon it in.

You could easily vacuum around the edges. I don't ever vacuum due to sucking up to much sand. You wouldn't have that problem with this setup.

Chemically_Balanced;117426 wrote: LIKE DIS

DSC02716.jpg
alt="" />
Looks to me that this would just be a place for a lot of waste to settle and build up over time. is that happening?

Since it's only a 30 gallon it's pretty easy to clean. I have alot of flow in the tank also so I haven't really had any issue with poo build up.

no crap gets stuck.. the agrocrate goes all the way to the edge of the tank.. or i could make it with like a 1/2 inch give around the base and you could fill it in with actual sand...so at the edge of the tank it REALLY looks like you have a sand bed.. in essence it will look like a sand bed but will function as a bare bottom tank.

Back