Sick fish in QT - help??

camellia

Supporting
Reaction score
Another horrible experience with LA. Only reason I ordered was to use year old credit!! (Yes.... This is a warning)!
Thank God all of my expenses wrasse are doing fine. Theses two are with a male red Anthia in a 10 gallon QT. Water quality good also using Alpha daily. Have done two treatments for Flukes (bad on all fish) with Prizpro.
I've got several other meds (Metro...) but don't know what would be best?

Help appreciated!

73716F01-FC07-4387-AF73-AA91BE19775A_zps0khbjcrg.jpg
alt="" />

While its not recommended, you might want to do a freshwater bath to try and get some of the flukes off the fish.

Check out this link
http://www.reef2reef.com/threads/flukes-%E2%80%93-general-guidelines.224423/">http://www.reef2reef.com/threads/flukes-%E2%80%93-general-guidelines.224423/</a>

He also recommends using a formalin bath

Thanks Luke, yes freshwater dips.
One Chromis down, research AMAP, freshwater dips on the other two fish in QT with no symptoms yet little hope.

Uronema marinum parasite with Chromis is appreaing rapidly.

This is very difficult to treat evidently.

Note:

Luke's link above is exceptional information and can potentially save many new fish with disease or parasites.
Prizpro as recommended on the bottle is highly recommended!!!

Camellia;1073560 wrote: Thanks Luke, yes freshwater dips.
One Chromis down, research AMAP, freshwater dips on the other two fish in QT with no symptoms yet little hope.

I fell stupid i was told that those spots were from stress ive had them on my chromis and my blonde naso tang which both died

Camellia;1073560 wrote:

I'd bet the farm on it. Good luck.

Happens when overseas exporters ship 'em 50 or 100 to a bag - they aren't worth enough money on the other side of the world (or this side, to many) to waste bags to bag them individually (uncomfortable truth). So they pack 'em and stack 'em and it's stressful and gross water for a long transship and that's what you get.

The ones that survive all that and a few weeks at the LFS are worth buying. Ones 'just in' are like a game of hot potato at every stage of the chain of custody.

Jenn

Back