Smooth Skin Acro

fishlips

Market
Reaction score
What will cause a smooth skin acro to stop poylping and very dull. And very slow growing. The first six months it did ok.
All the other acros are ok,I can't seem to recall any changes.
Cal -420
Alk-8
Mag -1380
Ph- 8.02
Tem -78
No.3 - reads 0 red sea
Po4" reads 0 red sea "

Based on recent discussions in these forums, I would say too much light for the level of nutrients available. But I would expect that to be an across the board type thing and not isolated to one coral....

just take a flashlight and shine a light around the base of the coral and see if you see any bite marks. AEFW is a pain in the *** to get rid of. Several bayer dips, manually scraping off eggs, and 2 AEFW predators (yellow coris & melanurus) I've finally won!!

Well, If light will cause it not to poylp, Then I think we have an answer. I'm 99.9 % that its not a AEFW.
Should I lower the coral or lower % of leds or shorten time on the supplement lighting witch is 4 t5s.Or all of the above except moving the coral, reason being its was growing ok. Now that I think about, I could have added to t5s not to long ago.?

I cut back on the percentage of leds, and cut back on time of supplement lighting.

especially pics with a flashlight on the underside, just to be sure...
I swore i didn't have them once, even after i knew what they looked like, and yet there they were again the little devils

Looked again last night, did not see anything. Tell me ,is a red dragon a smooth skin. It is less then 4" from this smooth skin, and almost touching with its branches. It is a full healthy colony.

outdrsyguy1;1077553 wrote: especially pics with a flashlight on the underside, just to be sure...
I swore i didn't have them once, even after i knew what they looked like, and yet there they were again the little devils

Yeah, lucky for me it took me only 2 rounds. After the first round, it was 1-2 months, didn't add anything new, but I noticed the lack of growth and started to lose color. This time I knew exactly what to look for and sure enough. Now, 3 months later after the 2nd fight and no sign!!

Back