Stocking a 60 gallon

lsu_fishfan

Market
Reaction score
So I have a 60 gallon 4 ft x 2 ft x 1 ft with
1 six line wrasse
Pair of Phantom Clowns
1 firefish ( can't find him right now, hope the six line didn't beat him up to much)
3 dispar anthias
1 small yellow tang
My question is, my dad and brother still want to add a flame angel and a pair of Bangaii Cardinals. In my opinion the tank is at its max for fish, but my dad doesn't agree. What do y'all think. Thanks

How big of a sump do you have? I think you might be able to get away with a flame angel.

You should be good to go.
I have a 60g cube
A pair of black ice clowns
1 blue star leopard wrasse
1 flame angel
1 coral beauty
1 flame hawkfish
1 Yasha goby

WRXCRAZY03;959929 wrote: You should be good to go.
I have a 60g cube
A pair of black ice clowns
1 blue star leopard wrasse
1 flame angel
1 coral beauty
1 flame hawkfish
1 Yasha goby

I know people say the Flame Angel is reef safe but I've heard people say they have picked at corals. How has yours been?

If you keep them feed they should not pick. My tank is stocked with coral and have not had a single issue.

WRXCRAZY03;959938 wrote: If you keep them feed they should not pick. My tank is stocked with coral and have not had a single issue.

I'm just worried that it will take a bite of one of my softies and get a taste for them.

WRXCRAZY03;959941 wrote: If it's a small tang you should be fine for a 2 or 3 years. But the tang police are real be careful.... LOL

Lol. I would never recommend a tang in a tank smaller than 100 gallons. But the tank I have is a 4 ft and I don't think mine is getting big any time soon.

I have similar foot print but a little bit taller - 80 gal. I've had a yellow tang over six months and he seems happy and healthy; even eats from my fingers.

Is the tank covered? You listed firefish and they are known to jump.

SleepyReef;959952 wrote: I have similar foot print but a little bit taller - 80 gal. I've had a yellow tang over six months and he seems happy and healthy; even eats from my fingers.

Is the tank covered? You listed firefish and they are known to jump.

It is

WRXCRAZY03;959941 wrote: If it's a small tang you should be fine for a 2 or 3 years. But the tang police are real be careful.... LOL

YEP THE tang POLICE ARE REAL. :yes:

Back