Stocking order and compatibility

You could do a fire shrimp or skunk shrimp. You don't need to typically worry about Royal gamma you might be getting it confused with the royal dottyback.

View attachment 17779
This!

Grammas are relatively chill. Dottybacks are all bastards (with 2 exceptions).

•Clowns first. Wait a month or so between following purchases. But no order preference. Maybe the Tailspot second, just because they are small and can be fragile if young (which they often are).

This!

Grammas are relatively chill. Dottybacks are all bastards (with 2 exceptions).

•Clowns first. Wait a month or so between following purchases. But no order preference. Maybe the Tailspot second, just because they are small and can be fragile if young (which they often are).

Looks like I’m in the market for a pair of clowns.

After about a month do you feel the tank should be ready for some inverts (CUC & ornamental) or could I start looking at those once the clowns are settled in? It’s my understanding that inverts are less of a bioload issue than they are a chemical stability issue.

Looks like I’m in the market for a pair of clowns.

After about a month do you feel the tank should be ready for some inverts (CUC & ornamental) or could I start looking at those once the clowns are settled in? It’s my understanding that inverts are less of a bioload issue than they are a chemical stability issue.
I know IQuatics is about to get a ton of designer clowns in for cheap this sat or sun if I am not mistaken.

@00Dan That would be a good little trip to Duluth for you. You could stop by the Fish Store in Chamblee then stop by Atlanta Aquarium, Iquatics, and Nemo's in Duluth. The last three are all within 4 miles of each other. Just make sure to let them know you were sent there by ARC ;)

Just following up on this question. I'll expand and say I'm not too focused on a timeline but would appreciate some suggestions. I also understand that food sources may be an issue for certain inverts depending on when they're added. For reference I've mostly cycled with the lights off so while I had a minor diatom bloom that has since receded it may reappear if I were to turn the lights on.

Hey man when ever you get ready for coral I have some frags I would be willing to gift in order to get you going! Some zoas and easy beginner stuff like that! Just let me know after you get your fish settled in and think you are ready!

Hey man when ever you get ready for coral I have some frags I would be willing to gift in order to get you going! Some zoas and easy beginner stuff like that! Just let me know after you get your fish settled in and think you are ready!

I appreciate the generosity and will absolutely take you up on that once I figure out when “ready” is.

Digging this thread back up to throw a couple more potentials out there:

McCosker’s Flasher Wrasse
Flametail blenny

Would either of those be an issue with the 24” tank?

Would the following list be overstocked or have compatibility issues?

2x Percula clowns
Flametail blenny
McCosker’s wrasse
Royal Gramma

If you do want a dragonet in such a small tank, I would stay away from wrasses, Halichoeres ones especially. They will drain your pod population and in a tank that size it would be detrimental to the mandarin.

Back