Super fast cycle

frag freak;942027 wrote: And jacob...like I said if it was all established you might have just skipped it.

Just stirring up an established tank enough (moving) can cause a mini cycle.

I'm still going to wait about a month and probably ad a little more live rock or rubble.

Looking back no not exact words. ....does thinking it count?

Sorry but I was TRYING to help dude.

research what a cycle is.

I think I've have a enough help on the cycle thing. Thank you to a all of you.

frag freak;942033 wrote: Looking back no not exact words. ....does thinking it count?

Sorry but I was TRYING to help dude.

research what a cycle is.

I will definitely have to do that.

JC_k;942029 wrote: You have on clue on how hard it was trying to get advice. I've been researching and reading and talking to people for the past year about breeding clowns.... Most people probably laugh because I'm only 13. Well that's the thing. I have LOTS of time. I have all A's in school so this really wouldn't really be "distracting" for me. I thinking I should ask someone if they would donate some live eggs to me so I can rear the fry. And if I'm successful at it then ill buy a clown pair. If I don't succeed at it then ill try again. I do have experience breeding discus and angelfish and to me it was easy. The one thing that stops me from doing all kind of things is MONEY. lol I don't have a job yet ( only 13 ).

Going back to the clownfish breeding, you will need to invest a good bit of money. It's not easy to get clownfish to spawn, if you successfully get the clowns to spawn the babies will require their own tank separate from the parents. The babies are very expensive because they require feelings several times a day. For the first month or so the fish will only eat live foods that you would need to culture yourself. The cultures need aerators and heaters to stay alive and the live food also requires its own source of food. Not trying to discourage you from breeding just letting you know what all goes into it.

JC_k;942029 wrote: You have on clue on how hard it was trying to get advice. I've been researching and reading and talking to people for the past year about breeding clowns.... Most people probably laugh because I'm only 13. Well that's the thing. I have LOTS of time. I have all A's in school so this really wouldn't really be "distracting" for me. I thinking I should ask someone if they would donate some live eggs to me so I can rear the fry. And if I'm successful at it then ill buy a clown pair. If I don't succeed at it then ill try again. I do have experience breeding discus and angelfish and to me it was easy. The one thing that stops me from doing all kind of things is MONEY. lol I don't have a job yet ( only 13 ).

You are doing outstanding as such a young age. :thumbs: Your desire to breed clown fish is exceptional. You may ask your parents if you can take a field trip to University of Florida. I believe doors of opportunities will open for you once the colleges find out your desires and the experience you will gain from now until you graduate high school.

You may even want to consider doing some science fairs and high school research projects on topics related to "captive breeding". Be thorough with your note taking and create some journals of your findings and I already foresee a "free" four year scholarship to the university of your choice.

You are on a great pathway to being very successful in "captive breeding" and I believe we all will see your name somewhere in the beginning pages of well respected textbooks in "captive breeding". I hope you choice to focus especially on "clownfish"'; just because they are at the top of my [all time favorite] reef fish.

Wannabee

P.S. Don't just settle for a Bachelor's Degree. I would complete a Master's; and then obtain a Doctorate Degree. It would be great to see others from around the world have the desire to want to come to the U.S just to learn from you. You can do it!

Heath not you.. I thought jack had said that.

My apologies... I thought he was asking and then giving advice.

We were posting at once and I thought I saw his name.

Like I said. Was just trying to help. Next time I'll just post a helpful link to avoid confusion. Atol of time I'm doing something else as I surf. No harm from me intended. I know how testy forums can be, sometimes it's hard to see someone's intent.

Back