Tangs

Yeah there is alot of those to choose from but I would just have to make sure that they would be large enough my eel wouldnt try to get them, I doubt he would cause he just hangs out in his caves til it is time to eat.

You should get a foxface or rabbitfish of some sort. They have TONS of persinality. You may also want to look into getting some of the larger wrasses. And clownfish hosting an anemone would be cool. The anemone would probobly protect the clownfish from being eaten.

i have a regal tang(hippo) in a 12gallon nano...he's been in there for a few months,just fine,but i am moving him to a 55 tomorrow,then i hope to have this tank sold within 4-6 months,i want atleast 150 next

Yeah I have thought of a foxface, they seem kinda cool. Also when I bought this tank @8 yrs ago it had a birdmouth wrasse in it, he was nice but when I gave my sister the tank she traded him for store credit, but I dont think they are reef safe. And as far as anemone I think I might try some coral for the host instead, or might skip the clowns, I have a set in my other tank.

My tangs love both dried and fresh. I give them fresh as much as possible so they don't leave "crumbs" all over the tank and raise nutrient levels. I feed mine 2 cubes a day with selcon, garlic or zoa plex. Depends on my mood...

I think the live plants may offer more nutrients and vitamins than roasted nori. I'm not sure about that but I would think the drying or roasting wood remove some of them. That beeing said we ( my father and i) roasted soybeans to actually help the livestock gain more protein and vitamins from the beans. Anyone have an idea??

Back