Tank Crash

chemically_balanced

Market
Reaction score
HELP ME... I've lost all SPS. I left around 7:00pm yesterday because I couldn't watch it anymore... TANK will be up for sale soon.

Is there anything that could be saved that can fit in a 30g? I will hold fish and corals for you until you get a new tank.

imintrested in the tank if your reakky going to sell it. pm me if you decide to.

what's up? Did it all go down? Let me know if you need anything.

Looks like I only lost one wrasse and 5 SPS. The zoas and LPS are still not opening but i think they will be fine. I had added something to the water to get rid of the cyano I had been fighting and I guess something happened. My guess was that I had way more cyano than I thought and the treatment did too good a job. It liquidated the cyano and turned my water a reddish tint. I made the skimmer skim really wet and it started pumping out red skimmate. After about 7 gallons of red skimming the water color is back to normal. I've been changing carbon in the phosban reactor I had to try and clean the water more. I'll try posting pictures of the destruction tonight.

Next time you want to help fight cyano, do the 2-3 day of no lights...this will significantly reduce cyano. Then you can go upon figuring what else you need to cut back on in order to reduce it completely. Hope the rest bounces back, sorry to hear about it.

Keeping my fingers crossed that everything else bounces back. Sorry about the wrasse and sps. :(

I hear ya. I wanted to get out a couple of weeks ago to. My tank had been idle for two years and I started "maintaining" and upgrading. I lost a couple of fish that had been with me for two+ years. I couldn't believe it, all I did was a few water changes and upgrade the sump. The water quality got better and fish died. After a few days I figured out what may have caused this and took it as a lesson. Even thought it sucks, don't give up. It's just a lousy lesson.

I noticed all my cyno gone right after I bought my Lawnmower blenny?? I'm guessing they eat it because I haven't ever seen it again.. No chemicals..

DSC02693.jpg
alt="" />

DSC02694.jpg
alt="" />

DSC02697.jpg
alt="" />

DSC02695.jpg
alt="" />

DSC02698.jpg
alt="" />

DSC02699.jpg
alt="" />