Tank Crash

I have also used EM to treat tanks with no ill effects. I:

1. Siphon out as much cyano as I can.
2. Remove carbon, shut down skimmer, UV, ozone, etc.
3. Add GFO to catch released phosphate.
4. Dose Erythromycin.
5. Follow up 24 hours later with a 30% water change, restart equipment and watch params, adjusting as needed.

I just tested and everything is back to normal, actually better than before. I was fighting low calcium but that doesn't seem to be a problem now. :unsure: The water is cleaner than I've ever seen it. I guess the 3 pounds of carbon I've gone through in the past four days really did the trick.

mysterybox;230559 wrote: is your tank still doing ok?
Everything is back to normal. You can see in the pictures attached that some of the larger SPS colonies are trying to come back. I'm just seeing how far some they will recover before I frag them. The table acro I think I'll just leave alone and see what happens.
DSC02743.jpg
alt="" />
DSC02760-1.jpg
alt="" />

Thanks to Joe and Jin at the ARC meeting I've got alot of really nice frags to start over with.

DSC02747-1.jpg
alt="" />
DSC02750-2.jpg
alt="" />
DSC02753-2.jpg
alt="" />
DSC02757-1.jpg
alt="" />
DSC02762.jpg
alt="" />
DSC02717.jpg
alt="" />

It's good to here that not all is lost. Atleast the largest corals are coming back and you got free frags out of the ordeal.

sorry to hear about your crash, i have 2 tanks, so if there is anything in either of mine that would interest you, please let me know.
also, if you do decide to sell, it would suck, but i would be interested in purchasing the tank, so pm me either way!

Good luck!

Right now I'm good on corals. I got a bunch of frags from members and I actually don't have any room for more.

Thank you everybody for the support. Selling the tank is still inthe back of my mind because I know how long it's going to take to ultimately recover but for now I'll keep it.

Back